Dat mah bike, punk!

Camuesa Connector 3-30...dry with UBER TICKS

awesome ride with the Sriracha 3-30, Camuesa Connector. lots of snakes and insane amount of ticks. trick to keeping the ticks off: nylon shorts and very short socks. sri counted about 40 on him, i only had about 4, but ended up finding about 4 stowaways when i got home....
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    awesome ride with the Sriracha 3-30, Camuesa Connector. lots of snakes and insane amount of ticks. trick to keeping the ticks off: nylon shorts and very short socks. sri counted about 40 on him, i only had about 4, but ended up finding about 4 stowaways when i got home....

crap...images didn't show up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dat mah bike, punk!
    more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Equal opportunity meanie
    God that trail is amazing....I still have bad memories of running into a rattlesnake tail with MY HEAD on that trail. Little sucker was chilling on that weird overhanging bush after the last big right hand switchback. I couldn't even see it until it was about 6" from my helmet. I'm extremely lucky that it was the tail and not the head, especially since I was out there alone. Is it still somewhat overgrown?

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    God that trail is amazing....I still have bad memories of running into a rattlesnake tail with MY HEAD on that trail. Little sucker was chilling on that weird overhanging bush after the last big right hand switchback. I couldn't even see it until it was about 6" from my helmet. I'm extremely lucky that it was the tail and not the head, especially since I was out there alone. Is it still somewhat overgrown?
    rattlesnakes aren't fast enough to strike a first rider are they? that's sketchy though....

not overgrown...really dry, from lack of rain...even the yucca looks dried out. killer ride no doubt about that....

pwn3rator
    i'm going. i've alwayswanted to ride that trail but i haven't ever gotten around to it. but now i must go...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Equal opportunity meanie
    It's a bit of a grunt up to it. Not bad though. Definetely pretty quick in terms of XC stuff.

Team Fearless Descender
    Great ride shots! Really nice. And, YES, the Ticks are everywere. Picked off a few after riding in the Santa Monica's yesterday. Sunscreen on the nose, and bug juice on the legs is the way to go!

Thanks for sharing your pix!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Waiting to exhale.
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 ticks!!!!!

theres only a few things in this world that give me the creeps ... Ticks (or things that attatch them selves on people and drain them *my ex wife* ) and period blood!
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    more...
    yeah, that was a fun ride. great singletrack and great area. my first real mountain ride since i broke myself. good times, misctwo.
    40 ticks totally sucked tho. i had a nightmare about ticks, the other night.