mtbr member

Camarillo Area riders

I don't see this on the trail list but you might try this. At the bottom of the grade is a County Park on Camarillo Springs road. From the backside of the park you get get a trail that climbs the hills, after some fireroads you connect to Wildwood Park in Thousand Oaks for more singletrack and waterfall. It beats a longer drive for some MTB stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

or

you can access the back side of wildwood from the road that leads into the water treatment plant off of santa rosa blvd. which is usually how I go in. So hows it goin pac?, I heard you broke the i-drive, how or what are ya riding now?

Regards, Jim S.

mtbr member
    Ride? Kona Unit.
    How? Anything for fun. As Steep As It Looks (ASAIL) many photos
    ----------------------

mtbr member

cam. springs rd

Thanks for the heads-up. At one time I had heard of a trail going over the grade into T.O., but never have really given any effort to find it. I'll have to check that out soon.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

Hill Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunadad
    you can access the back side of wildwood from the road that leads into the water treatment plant off of santa rosa blvd. which is usually how I go in. So hows it goin pac?, I heard you broke the i-drive, how or what are ya riding now?

Regards, Jim S.
    would the be treatment plant you speak of.

I used to ride from Wildwood over to the area on top of the grade. I had heard about a trail at the park that went up but never explored it nor do I know where it comes out. years ago when I lived in the area and went to the area above the grade all I ever found was dirt road. is there anything worthwhile over there or is it just dirt road and a way to get a longer ride?

YR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    would the be treatment plant you speak of.

I used to ride from Wildwood over to the area on top of the grade. I had heard about a trail at the park that went up but never explored it nor do I know where it comes out. years ago when I lived in the area and went to the area above the grade all I ever found was dirt road. is there anything worthwhile over there or is it just dirt road and a way to get a longer ride?

YR
    It's singletrack from the bottom and over the ridge. Your fun may vary. (Rain effects?)

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhommer
    Thanks for the heads-up. At one time I had heard of a trail going over the grade into T.O., but never have really given any effort to find it. I'll have to check that out soon.
    fyi -

My buddy used to ride to work from Camarillo via Camarillo Springs area. However, apparently the land was purchased from somebody who put a stop to his being able to ride that way. Not sure what the current status is (about a year ago).

I have ridden the other side though......you enter from the end of the condos and climb up along the grade on the opposite side of the freeway. You make your way down to a mobile home park.....not a good ride but it allowed me to get to Thousand Oaks area.