Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

camarillo area

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  mantracker 
#1 ·
Can anybody point me to a good trail in the camarillo/ventura area. I will be visiting family for the day and would like to take the bike. Any info would be great. I may head up to SB, whats that spot near the campus where I can get some jump time in?

#3 ·
Go to Sycamore Canyon. One of the all-around best spots in SoCal. Just go south on the 101 freeway from Camarillo, to the top of the grade (about 4-5 miles) and exit at Wendy Drive (in Newbury Park). Head west and you'll eventually hit the park. Enjoy.

#10 ·
Hyperbolik said:
Yes, definitely. If your fitness is not that great, I would recommend starting on the PCH end. Here is a map and break down of the trails: http://www.venturacountytrails.org/TrailMaps/Sycamore/AreaTrails.htm
thanks, so if I start at PCH, will I take the same trail to go back to where I parked?
And speaking of parking, is your car and belongings safe in that area?

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

#13 ·
mantracker said:
another question :) I'm planning to bring the wife and 2 small kids with me, is there a place in the parking lot (PCH end) where they can comfortably hang-out while I hit the trails?

thanks Hyperbolik!
Yes, bathrooms and picnic tables. They could also hike the main trail while you ride and you could meet up with them.

#16 · (Edited)
mcrent100 said:
They can also go to the beach. Just park in th day use for 10.00 and they can walk under the road to the beach right out of the parking lot while you go for a nice ride...
sounds like fun.

btw, I discovered a small trail along the Calleguas creek, I was biking along Mission Oaks and saw this clearing so I took it. Aside from a lone jogger, I didnt see any bikers at all. I'm not sure if bikes are allowed but did not see any sign so I took it. very good practice for a beginner like me. I saw a couple of rabbits and some birds crossing, I'm sure there are snakes there as it is along a dried creek. pedaling uphill on loose gravel got me so winded and it made me realize how far I am from building up required strength before taking on the "real" trails. The trail ends in Upland Road just across the church. I wonder where the other side of the trail ends as I think I started right about the middle. Planning to hit it several times this week after work. Man, the $800 bucks for an MTB that I stealthily spent under my wifes radar is well worth it. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.