mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Burbank/Glendale Trails?

I'll be working in this area at the end of the month, any xc singletrack or fireroads that are worth bringing the bike for? Thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    I'll be working in this area at the end of the month, any xc singletrack or fireroads that are worth bringing the bike for? Thanks for any info.
    La Tuna Canyon is fun. Its a little hard to find the singletrack since the fire earlier this year, but if you like fireroads, the verdugo fieroad is okay and its part of the ride. Look in the trail review section for directions.

mtbr member
    La Tuna Canyon ST is fun, but I wouldn't travel w/ my bike just for that one. If you don't have access to a vehicle, this trail and the fireroads in the Verdugos are probably the only trails you would want to ride to from the Glendale/Burbank area.

Now, there are several great trails within a short driving distance from Glendale/Burbank (I guess you could actually ride to these trails) in the San Gabriel Mountains aka Angeles National Forest.
    I would recommend Ron Bigelowe's website since it has pictures, maps, and drivng directions:

http://www.ronbigelow.com/

Look under "regions...San Gabriels"

have fun and enjoy our dirt, rocks, and weather.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

I guess I should clearify, I'm driving there from San Diego, so I don't mine driving to the trail head but I beleive I'll only have a couple of hours before sunset on weekdays so short drives are better. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I guess I should clearify, I'm driving there from San Diego, so I don't mine driving to the trail head but I beleive I'll only have a couple of hours before sunset on weekdays so short drives are better. Thanks.
    Well, you should probably check out the Verdugos. Very close to Burbank and Glendale (actually w/in the city limits of both), several fireroad options, two nasty firebreaks, and at least one nice singletrack.

I have a good map of the Verdugos in pdf format w/ most of the info you need.
    I can email it to you if you want
    Last edited by :solar:; 01-06-2006 at 08:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Solar check your private messages, thanks.

otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by :solar:
    Well, you should probably check out the Verdugos. Very close to Burbank and Glendale (actually w/in the city limits of both), several fireroad options, two nasty firebreaks, and at least one nice singletrack.

I have a good map of the Verdugos in pdf format w/ most of the info you need.
    I can email it to you if you want
    Those two nasty firebreaks are what makes the Verdugo's worth it. The Brand firebreak has the most variations of terrain in my opinion. Going up the DeBelle Golf Course side has its technical firebreaks too.

Brand
    DeBelle
    LaTuna
    Beaudry (yawn)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SabbathU71
    Those two nasty firebreaks are what makes the Verdugo's worth it.
    yep, the Brand Firebreak (aka the Ski Slope) down to the single track below the flat spot is really fun and often overlooked. If you ride this often, it will make you a better rider... and wear out a lot of brake pads