Boulder chucker

Building Singletrack w/ IMBA In SD

Hey all, Nik asked me to pass this on......

IMBA trail training event for San Diego volunteers, March 8th and 9th - FREE

This event is open to all trail volunteers. Come learn state-of-the-art singletrack planning, construction and maintenance techniques. Become a trails expert. This event will be led by the International Mountain Bicycling Associationís Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew and hosted by the Cleveland National Forest Descanso Ranger District. The classroom portion will take place at the Districtís offices in Alpine and the field portion (on Saturday afternoon and Sunday) is planned for the Chico Ravine/Big Laguna Trail System on Mt. Laguna . Participants will be helping to open up 10 miles of singletrack trail previously closed to mountain bikes.

SATURDAY, March 8th

9:00 AM - Noon: Trailbuilding School classroom session at Descanso Ranger District Office, 3348 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901, 619-445-6235.

Noon - 1:00 PM: Lunch (Pizza + Soda provided)

1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Trailbuilding School field session. Location: Chico Ravine/Big Laguna Trail System, Mt. Laguna , CA

SUNDAY, March 9th

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Trail Work. Location: Chico Ravine/Big Laguna Trail System, Mt. Laguna , CA

To RSVP, go to:

http://go.imba.com/site/Calendar?vie...i2npshh2.app8b

If you have questions or concerns, please contact USFS Developed Recreation Manager, Nikolai Ferrell at nferrell@fs.fed.us.

29er Hater
    If you are unfamilar with Chico Ravine, it's one of the old unmarked trails off of the Big Laguna Trail, that has been designated Multi-use, it's a sweet trail and a part of Tour De Noble.

I'll be there, with my bike...

mark@sdmba.com
    Shuttle Noble? Hell No!

Boulder chucker
    Right on Mark.

I think not only is this is a great opportunity for people to work on some trails with IMBA, but also to work with and find out more about our local Forest Service guys. Iím going to guess that most people donít know some of these guys up at Mt. Laguna. Weíve got a small handful that truly are avid mountain bikers. Nikolai (USFS Developed Recreation Manager) is the person responsible for working with IMBA and actually arranging this trail work session on national forest land. Pretty cool in my book. I think this could be a small stepping-stone towards opening some doors if we continue, as group, to work with these guys. It could be a good in to building future trails????

See you there!

Goofing off?
    "Participants will be helping to open up 10 miles of singletrack trail previously closed to mountain bikes."

That will be nice. Right on!