a.k.a. MTBMaven

Brown Mountain To ?

Will the trail from JPL or Millard Campground to Brown Mountain take you anywhere other than the peak? I looked on the topo map which seems to show the raod ending at the peak. I would like to take the trail to Switzer and take Switzer back to JPL.

If the trail doesn't go anywhere else, where do people go once their at the top? I know there's the Ken Burton, correct? I would hate to ride all the way to the top of Brown just to ride back down a fire road.

cask conditioned
    It actually doesn't go near the top of Brown Mt. It seems many turn around once they get to the top but going down the Ken Burton Trail is usually really fun. At the bottom you can turn left back to JPL or if you want to climb climb climb you can hang a right and continue to Switzers. I've heard Arroyo Seco has changed a bit since it rained so expect some hiking.

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Will the trail from JPL or Millard Campground to Brown Mountain take you anywhere other than the peak? I looked on the topo map which seems to show the raod ending at the peak. I would like to take the trail to Switzer and take Switzer back to JPL.

If the trail doesn't go anywhere else, where do people go once their at the top? I know there's the Ken Burton, correct? I would hate to ride all the way to the top of Brown just to ride back down a fire road.
    Yup the road ends, and all you can do is turn around or go down Burton. It will dump you onto the Gab trail at Oakwilde campground. Go left to find JPL, Go right to find Switzer
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]