mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Brit Biker In Southern California

Hi,

My name is Andy and I live in the U.K. There is a possibility that I will be staying in the Irvine locality for a few days early in the new year. I would like to bring my Mountain Bike over with me, and would be grateful if you could let me know the best areas for off road riding in the locality. From the maps / images that I can find on the internet, there seems to be some good terrain to the north east of Irvine, but is there any restrictions on access to these trails, and any no go areas as I will be on my own.....

Any info would be gratefully appreciated, local trails you could suggest, or websites you could recommend.

thanks

See you at the top.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaycad
    Hi,

My name is Andy and I live in the U.K. There is a possibility that I will be staying in the Irvine locality for a few days early in the new year. I would like to bring my Mountain Bike over with me, and would be grateful if you could let me know the best areas for off road riding in the locality. From the maps / images that I can find on the internet, there seems to be some good terrain to the north east of Irvine, but is there any restrictions on access to these trails, and any no go areas as I will be on my own.....

Any info would be gratefully appreciated, local trails you could suggest, or websites you could recommend.

thanks
    www.moutainbikebill.com
    San Juan
    Cheers.
    Don't be the 13th inch. Keep single track single!

Buck Fush.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaycad
    Hi,

thanks
    What's also a good site currently is www.geoladders.com

mtbr member
    If you get a chance to head north a bit, check out the trails in Santa Barbara.

mtbr member

Many nice trails close

The Santa Ana mountains have tons of climbing and some outstanding technical/ semi technical fun on trails like Joplin, Chiquita, San Juan, Los Pinos and the Luge (short but fun and can be combined with Joplin in a big loop) Whiting Ranch is only 5 or 6 miles but fun when you're short on time. Aliso and Woods Canyon park has a bunch of short trails that can be looped together for some fun. Laguna wilderness and El Morro done together can be fun. If you like drops Santiago Oaks and Irvine Park have quite a few of them. All of these trails are within 15 minutes of irvine on a light traffic day with the exception of San Juan which is 30 to 45 minutes away but well worth the effort. 2 hours south is Noble Canyon and other associated trails that are more technical than most O.C. trails and are my favorites in so cal.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Southern California mountain bike community: www.socaltrailriders.org
    Check the forums while you're there, we have tons of friendly people and have rides going on all the time. We'd be happy to show you around!
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown