Thread: Brand Park

Pro Beginner Crash Expert
    Jan 2004

Brand Park

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this post, but is anyone planning on riding Brand in Glendale Ca this Sunday or anywheres near there? I would love to join if you don't mind.

Thanks

Mott

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ride Saturday:

Quote Originally Posted by Mott McFly
    Sorry if this is the wrong area for this post, but is anyone planning on riding Brand in Glendale Ca this Sunday or anywheres near there? I would love to join if you don't mind.

Thanks

Mott
    I ride Brand about once a month. I rode Beaudry last night and rode into a deep rut and crashed badly hurting my hand. I may do a group ride tomorrow at Strawberry peak depends on how the hand feels. If you're familiar with Strawberry, you know it's a great ride. It really is not a ride you want to do alone. This ride will be 25-30 miles and will start at 8:00am sharp and depending on pace will finish about 1:00-2:00pm. I may get a head start on the group and start at 7:30am. If you're interested check the folowing links:
    http://otbmbc.com/calendar/calendar....nt&event_id=29
    http://otbmbc.com/contacts.html

Pro Beginner Crash Expert
    Jan 2004
    Not familiar with Strawberry but I will check it out. Hope your hand feels better.

Mott

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Strawberry Peak ride....

Quote Originally Posted by Mott McFly
    Not familiar with Strawberry but I will check it out. Hope your hand feels better.

Mott
    Is about 80% singletrack, includes single track to Clear Creak ranger station, Strawberry Peak single track and RedBox to Switzers then up to hwy and down hwy to Grizzly turnout. The fast groupd is really fast they may start at 8:30-9:00am and will rarely stop. This ride has it all XC fireroad climbs, aggressive singletrack with some exposure, not too technical and good mileage25-30 miles depending on options. I think I've just talked myself into it, now let's if I can operate that front brake!

Later