Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134

    ... and if we just ... Braaaaaap Braaaaap on Ellie Lane


  2. #2
    Beer Please!
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,245
    Looks fun, what day of the week did you go? Looked pretty empty out there.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

  3. #3
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,062
    Wow, crazy stuff!

    I realize that going down is an adrenaline rush but do you feel beat up later in the day after a ride like that?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  4. #4
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,338
    I love this kind of trail . . . one of these days, I'm going to make it down that way for a tour.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,773
    Guess I know where I am riding later this week. Have been meaning to get out there and this video is just forcing my hand. Great riding.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrowSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29
    Looks really fun!

    Cool video, I especially liked the effect that you used when transitioning from one sequence to the next.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10
    nice job on the video but that made my back hurt just watching it. Nice riding there S40G - uppin your game fer sure!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    490
    looks to be in much better shape than last time I was out there

    drop me a line if you are planning on going back on a weekend day

  9. #9
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,289
    man the music is so much back then

    great riding the chunk
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  10. #10
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Looks fun, what day of the week did you go? Looked pretty empty out there.
    I actually went on a Sunday. Ellie Lane doesn't nearly get enough traffic as much as Iron Mountain Peak.

  11. #11
    Beer Please!
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,245
    Which trail is that exactly? The last time I wandred onto that side of the trail system my wife and I had hiked up Iron mtn, and then on the way down we took the connector near the helipad to the "ellie lane" connector, it ended up turning west and climbing up a steep ridge, as we came down the west side we crossed the canyon to the north side and wandered around a bit before finding our way back towards the parking lot.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

  12. #12
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    It can get pretty rough on a hardtail and there are a couple of sections where your back will just twitch but they numb up after awhile....

    Though, i have ridden some stuff that is just a relentless beating, especially on your back.

    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Wow, crazy stuff!

    I realize that going down is an adrenaline rush but do you feel beat up later in the day after a ride like that?

  13. #13
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  14. #14
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    That was a nice video, the pics I've seen of this riding spot usually are from an old perv snapping pics of hot girl's butts

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    216
    This is my favorite pic from Ellie. Sorry, no hot girls butts.

  16. #16
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Great Shot dude! Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    This is my favorite pic from Ellie. Sorry, no hot girls butts.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    216
    I was out there today and used one of your lines in a section I was having trouble with. It worked great. Thanks!

  18. #18
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    I was out there today and used one of your lines in a section I was having trouble with. It worked great. Thanks!
    Nice, i'm jealous. Still stuck here at work....which section?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    216
    It's the left turn section in your "Monday Stoke - Winter Riding" at :55. I saw somebody set up a bit of a roller to the far left off the big rock, but I haven't done it because I usually end up riding alone and I don't want to end up lying at the bottom of it for hours before someone finds me. I usually take the far right line and end up getting caught up in the rocks. The middle line you took worked great. No idea why I hadn't taken it before.

  20. #20
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Right on!

    I've never seen that line to the far left over the rock/boulder until you mentioned it. I'll have to try that line next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    It's the left turn section in your "Monday Stoke - Winter Riding" at :55. I saw somebody set up a bit of a roller to the far left off the big rock, but I haven't done it because I usually end up riding alone and I don't want to end up lying at the bottom of it for hours before someone finds me. I usually take the far right line and end up getting caught up in the rocks. The middle line you took worked great. No idea why I hadn't taken it before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •