mtbr member

Bommer and Shady Canyon MTB Ride

We’re having another MTB scheduled ride in the Bommer and Shady Canyons in the Irvine Open Space Preserve South.

We will have two separate group rides: (Easy/Moderate) and (Advanced) for the morning. Both rides will have some hills, but the advanced ride will probably require some hike-a-bike steeps.

If interested on riding with us that morning, please pre-register for the ride at www.irvineopenspace.org and follow the instructions under “Programs and Events” to register.

See ya on the 3rd.

Thanks

Adam Maywhort
    Field Operations Manager
    Irvine Ranch Land Reserve Trust
    amaywhort@irlrtrust.org

120 pounds of xc sex!

Where does this go through?

urban wilderness?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    Where does this go through?

urban wilderness?
    A not-so-urban wilderness area. It's about 4,600 acres that connects to the entire south coast wilderness area which covers a total of around 17,000 acres.

I believe all three connected areas (Irvine Open Space South, Laguna Wilderness, and El Moro) have somewhere around 82 miles of trails.

Some of the climbs in the Open Space hit 36% grade, with one short hill topping off at a burly 44%.........enough to get your heart started.

The ranch roads and single-track have some awesome views along the way.

Definitely worth checking out.

Adam

Just another Homer

Sounds like a good one

Adam, do we have to register? I'm a little computer deficient and can't seem to get the instructions on how to register. It asks for a credit card, yet the Boomer Cyn fee says free.Anyways I'd love to try this one out. Do you know what the trail is like? Is it all fireroad or is there some singletrack?
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    Adam, do we have to register? I'm a little computer deficient and can't seem to get the instructions on how to register. It asks for a credit card, yet the Boomer Cyn fee says free.Anyways I'd love to try this one out. Do you know what the trail is like? Is it all fireroad or is there some singletrack?
    The City uses the same registration form for the free programs as they do for their fee based classes and programs.

There is no charge for this ride. Just register and you will receive a PIN number. Once you have registered the first time, you can simply use your User ID and PIN number for all the future rides and hikes. Just get past the first time registration and get your PIN number, and the future ride registrations will be very simple.

It's a great ride with hard pack fire roads and great single-track.

mtbr member

???

What time does the ride go off and where do you meet. I too had an issue with registration.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Adam,
    I'm looking at the website and it seems like it takes 2 weeks to get a confirmation back from the City. I'd like to do this ride.. if I fax the form into the city, can I show up for the ride?

edit: I called the number on the city website and received my PIN # by phone. No credit card needed. Then I registered online with that PIN # and again no credit card needed. Looking forward to the ride.

Where do we meet? and is there a number to call to see if the ride is cancelled because of rain/trail conditions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by EJ_92606; 12-01-2005 at 03:43 PM.