34N 118W

Bike to Work Day this Thurs. 5/18

Last edited by Hollywood; 05-16-2006 at 10:21 PM.

right behind ya

Ain't got no job

How about if I bike to the liquor store
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    cool- thanks for the reminder!

34N 118W
    sounds like a plan. Meet ya there? We can still contribute to the economy and keep it vital.

Although, I'm not comfortable reading your user tag line.

Just another Homer
    I did a preliminary ride a week back to find the right route and how long it would take.It's going to be a good one, a little dangerous, but I should be okay.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Bunny Hugger

... and if we just ... Did This a Week Early

Man, I'm tired.

After paying nearly $75 last Saturday to fill up my truck, I decided to ride my bike to work most of the week. I live in Orange and work in Irvine in the OC; roundtrip distance is approx 30 miles. It's basically Orange-Santa Ana-Tustin-Irvine. Tustin and especially Irvine are fine and safe cuz they have bike lanes. Santa Ana and Orange do not have bike lanes and I am much more cautious here.

I drove my pickup truck with road bike in truck bed to work on Monday. I left the truck at work all week and rode my bike home and back to work. The rides were not tiring. In fact, I felt great afterwards. The hardest parts were waking up early (earlier than my normal early wake-up time) and getting dinner with no car. There were a few mornings when I was cursing at myself for not having my truck. But after a few minutes into the ride, all was well.

I now understand why roadies wear skin-tight jerseys. All my jerseys are loose fitting which is perfectly acceptable for mtb. But for the road, that is just wrong. The higher speeds one can achieve on road bikes make the loose jerseys flap excessively. Skin-tight jerseys keep you warmer on cool morns and cooler on warm days; I believe it now. But this now means that I must buy new jerseys for function and form. After all, who wants to feel and look like a geek when riding?

I'll definitely keep riding to work and I won't miss out on Bike to Work Day.
    Hug the Bunny

34N 118W
    *bump*