REALLY?

Bike Stolen (Ventura Ca area x-post)

I guess its my fault for not having it locked, yet, it was in an area no one should be at any time day or night. It was obviously someone who knows one of my roomates, or even possibly one of them.

They, or who ever it was had to go through two a gates, the one at the end of the driveway, and the gate leading to the back yard, then they had to go under the house (basement portion of the house), to steal the bike...and to top it off they had to move my G.T. Richter 8.0 to steal the bike.

Yes, I called the pawn shops and police and am going to buy a second u-lock. The bike4 in question is a mid 90's Gary Fisher Super Caliber Team Paola Pezzo and as I understand it, RARE only 100 made. If you happen to see it, let me know. Mostly XTR components.

On the plus side, they didn't take my Titanium G.T. Lightning, or my fillet brazed chromoly G.T. Psyclone (which are now under lock-and key.

DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Easy bike to spot, I'll watch for it.

You might cruise the fairgrounds swap meet tomorrow.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    I guess its my fault for not having it locked, yet, it was in an area no one should be at any time day or night. It was obviously someone who knows one of my roomates, or even possibly one of them.

They, or who ever it was had to go through two a gates, the one at the end of the driveway, and the gate leading to the back yard, then they had to go under the house (basement portion of the house), to steal the bike...and to top it off they had to move my XXXXXXXXXXX to steal the bike.

Yes, I called the pawn shops and police and am going to buy a second u-lock. The bike4 in question is a mid 90's Gary Fisher Super Caliber Team Paola Pezzo and as I understand it, RARE only 100 made. If you happen to see it, let me know. Mostly XTR components.

On the plus side, they didn't take my XXXXXXXXXXXX, or my XXXXXXXXXX (which are now under lock-and key.
    Sucks about your bike. I had a nearly identical bike and loved it . . . and uhhh, I'm no expert buuuuuut I'd probably not advertise what they left behind. I'm jus' sayin . . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Sucks about your bike. I had a nearly identical bike and loved it . . . and uhhh, I'm no expert buuuuuut I'd probably not advertise what they left behind. I'm jus' sayin . . . .
    Thanks, and your right, normally I wouldn't advertise, but I seriously doubt the guilty party's are reading this thread, and I doubt anyone here is going to bother to track me down, and obviously the thieves in question don't know much about bikes since they stole the more "flashy" bike instead of the one that was actually worth more (knowing what I know, I would have taken the titanium bike myself).

Again, thanks.

-J
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    So, since they left behind the FB Psyclone we can rule out anyone who posts in the Vintage forum here. Thats the one I would have stolen! Joking aside though at least the Fisher is pretty unique.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

REALLY?
    The Psyclone doesn't run, I actually bought the Fisher as a parts bike for the Psyclone, so much for trying to save a few bucks, its B.S. like this that keeps me from ever getting ahead in life, anyway, enough whining about it, this is the Psyclone as it sits today or the before photo.

The forks, stem, seat, brake levers are the only new parts...I wanted to paint it before the parts switch.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Sucks about the bike. That is classic '90's.

That's some nice furniture in the yard there...
    If not biking, then what?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Sucks about the bike. That is classic '90's.

That's some nice furniture in the yard there...
    . . . . and nice shrubbery as well!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

REALLY?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    These are the bikes gardeners buy off their buddy, spray paint black or white, and attempt to ride undetected.

SUCKS about your bike. Last summer I saw a gardener (steel toed work boots, overalls) riding on a sidewalk with a $10k Colonago. I tried to buy it off him for what I had in my wallet, but he didnt understand a word I was saying.

Very sad.