mtbr member
    Nov 2007

bike shops that rents

could anyone recommend a good one in the San Diego area? i'd like to try out some different bikes.

CEB
    No horse'n round
    I forget the name, but a bike shop on PCH in Encinitas. They rent Specialized.

i can't type the letter s
    Are you talking Nytro? They don't even have mountain bikes for sale.

Beyond Bikes rents Ellsworth's for Demo, expensive but very nice. That's about it in town for high end demos as far as I know. Also www.bike-tours.com has some low end hard tails for rent.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    Big Ring in La Mesa will likely let you take a bike or two for a spin free of charge if you are serious. Joe the owner is a great guy. He is a Turner and Spec dealer, among other brands.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    thanks for the replies. i'll look into some of the places mentioned. as for the free ride, i am not a serious customer for him, i just want to try a couple out before i prodeal one. wanted to try out a nice hardtail and an average full suspension. the two bikes i'm debating are the Marin Palisades Trail and the Diamondback Sortie 1 because i can get a deal on these two brands.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristatos
    Big Ring in La Mesa will likely let you take a bike or two for a spin free of charge if you are serious. Joe the owner is a great guy. He is a Turner and Spec dealer, among other brands.
    He is a good guy and the last time I was in there he had a Foes he said I could demo. I never did but not a bad deal if you need to rent for a day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Beyond has demo's.

There is also http://www.bike-tours.com that rents in down town SD.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Are you talking Nytro? They don't even have mountain bikes for sale.
    I think it may be the 'other bike shop' in Encinitas that's on the other side of the street a little further north of Nytro in the small strip where they have head in parking right along the street.

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Its the shop about 4 doors to the north of the hardcore TriAthl shop, west side of PCH.

A small shop ( I THINK they are affiliated with the TriAthl shop down the block)