mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Bike Shop near 909

Hi everyone. I live in Redlands and am looking for a LBS with good stock and friendly staff (if possible). I suppose I wouldn't mind a drive if it's worth it, but the closer the better. I'm looking to get into my first decent mountain bike after I return from my vacation in late July.

I did do a search, but many of the topics related to LBS recommendations were for the Los Angeles or OC area. Also, a lot of the topics were a year old or more. A lot can change in that time so I hope you'll excuse the question.

Thirsty
    It's still a bit of a drive from Redlands, but Jenson USA in Corona is a great shop. You can call ahead and see if they have something you want in stock. Great service, they stand behind their products, and no attitude.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewMaster
    It's still a bit of a drive from Redlands, but Jenson USA in Corona is a great shop. You can call ahead and see if they have something you want in stock. Great service, they stand behind their products, and no attitude.
    Hey BrewMaster, thanks a lot for the reply. I actually don't mind a drive I guess especially if a shop comes recommended.

Do they carry a good selection of bike brands? This will be my first real mountain bike so I was hoping to look at Specialized (Hardrocks, rockhoppers), Trek (4k series), and maybe some Giant, etc.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hey, I've been reading around but decided to finally post here.

I was in the same position as you about a month ago. Looking for a beginners hardtail. Just to let you know, I ended up with the Specialized Hardrock Sport. Loving it so far.

The shop that I went to was called CycleryUSA. They have a website too you can google for (I don't know the rules on linking other websites so I'll leave it up to you to find it), They have a shop in Redlands and in Riverside. I dont know about the Redlands shop, but the Riverside shop was most helpful. They carried lots of different bikes and from what I saw, carried mostly Specialized, Gary Fisher, Trek and a few others.

I went in and told em what I was looking for and how much I had to spend. They didn't try to sell me on something more than I was looking for, a huge plus for me, and were very knowledgeable about their bikes, components and frames. They were willing to order up any bike they didn't have and pulled out 4 bikes from their storage when I was there test riding.

Other little things to mention about the Riverside store... they have a good selection of clothing, helmets, typical accessories etc. When I got my bike, they threw in a few free things (water bottle and cage) and discounted me on my helmet and a few other accessories I picked up. Their website was very helpful to me so I'd suggest finding that and checking it out. Good luck and have fun on your new bike, I know I sure am.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    check out jensonusa.com, u wont dissapointed, too bad they dont carry specialized like u mention.
    if u want to wait, they'll have their annual parking lot sale on saturday sept.6 in ontario site.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecDS33
    Hey, I've been reading around but decided to finally post here.

I was in the same position as you about a month ago. Looking for a beginners hardtail. Just to let you know, I ended up with the Specialized Hardrock Sport. Loving it so far.

The shop that I went to was called CycleryUSA. They have a website too you can google for (I don't know the rules on linking other websites so I'll leave it up to you to find it), They have a shop in Redlands and in Riverside. I dont know about the Redlands shop, but the Riverside shop was most helpful. They carried lots of different bikes and from what I saw, carried mostly Specialized, Gary Fisher, Trek and a few others.

I went in and told em what I was looking for and how much I had to spend. They didn't try to sell me on something more than I was looking for, a huge plus for me, and were very knowledgeable about their bikes, components and frames. They were willing to order up any bike they didn't have and pulled out 4 bikes from their storage when I was there test riding.

Other little things to mention about the Riverside store... they have a good selection of clothing, helmets, typical accessories etc. When I got my bike, they threw in a few free things (water bottle and cage) and discounted me on my helmet and a few other accessories I picked up. Their website was very helpful to me so I'd suggest finding that and checking it out. Good luck and have fun on your new bike, I know I sure am.
    Thanks Spec. I have heard some pretty bad things about the one in Redlands both by reading reviews here and on another mountain bike site. I was thus leery of going to CycleryUSA, but I guess i was unfairly attributing that to the Riverside store as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have Jenson and Riverside CycerlyUSA on my list to check out.

Any others?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XiBvRiaN
    check out jensonusa.com, u wont dissapointed, too bad they dont carry specialized like u mention.
    if u want to wait, they'll have their annual parking lot sale on saturday sept.6 in ontario site.
    Oh? What kind of sale is it? 10% off or something?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I live in Redlands and I typically go to the Redlands Cyclery when I need a bike shop for something (although I buy most of my stuff online). It's a pretty big shop so they have a lot of employees. Sometimes you get someone that seems like they just pulled them off the streets, but usually I've found them to be very good. Usually when I go in there it's for something mechanical and their mechanics are great.

Another good local option is CycleTek in Yucaipa. I don't go in there much as it's not as convenient, but I had a friend that would only go there. More of a LBS feel to it. I know they carry Marin bikes, not sure what else.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle10
    I live in Redlands and I typically go to the Redlands Cyclery when I need a bike shop for something (although I buy most of my stuff online). It's a pretty big shop so they have a lot of employees. Sometimes you get someone that seems like they just pulled them off the streets, but usually I've found them to be very good. Usually when I go in there it's for something mechanical and their mechanics are great.

Another good local option is CycleTek in Yucaipa. I don't go in there much as it's not as convenient, but I had a friend that would only go there. More of a LBS feel to it. I know they carry Marin bikes, not sure what else.
    The Yucaipa store seems pretty close to me. I might check that one out as well.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by onikage
    The Yucaipa store seems pretty close to me. I might check that one out as well.
    CycleTek is mostly roadie but they are a good shop, I used to go there more when they were in Redlands. I've been going to Riverside CycleryUSA since I was a kid in the 70's, when they were RRS, and they are still my home shop for consumables and weird repairs. They also have high end bikes from the big names in stock. Get on their mailing list for their sales which are as good as online prices. I also use Jensons alot too. I can place an online order the night before and pick it up in the morning.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Don's Bike Shop of Rialto

mtbr member
    Incycle in Chino/San Dimas (two stores) have Specialized and Trek when I went in looking at accessories. Granted I wasn't looking at bikes the staff was friendly.