Glad to Be Alive

Bike Park in LA finally

Decline: New Bike Park in SoCal/Valencia (Elizabeth Lake)?
    http://www.declinemagazine.com/Nucle...hp?itemid=4327

A Bike Park In SoCal? Heck, yes!

The RancheThe Ranch at Elizabeth Lake, just northeast of Valencia, California, is currently turning this landscape into a bike park, complete with downhill and cross-country trails, a pumptrack, slopestyle course, BMX track and skills zones. And that’s just the beginning…

Banquet/Bar
    The banquet, bar and bike shop area.

Marketing Director, Shannon Decker, has big plans for the resort, which also houses hundreds of RV spaces, along with several cabins, a swimming pool, a golf course, banquet hall, a bar and two restaurants. He plans to move in a bike shop and general store to make the resort an all-encompassing destination. The resort facility and the surrounding landscape have a lot of potential to become a bicycle destination, catering to everything from downhillers to triathletes.

DH trail
    The first of many trails is being cut right now. This trail will lead into the slopestyle/pumptrack zone and to the shuttle pick-up area.

Trail cutting started this week as will the landscaping of the BMX, pumptrack and slopestyle zones. Decker is already working with IMBA and other cycling organizations on trail design and park layout. However, he could use some help from knowledgeable mountain bikers to help route and cut trails, and help construct the pumptrack and slopestyle courses. If you’ve got experience and want to be a part of shaping this bike park then check in with Shannon Decker at ridetheranchbikepark@yahoo.com Anyone that wants to lend a hand is welcome and will gain special bike park privileges.

More trail
    The trails will wind through wooded mountains with shuttle access to the top of the DH trails.

Boneyard
    The area slated for the pumptrack and slopestyle zones is larger than a football field.
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-05-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    BA! That link doesn't work, or my computers a fagg.

wii!!!!!
    something funny

mtbr member
    No slick,your computer is not gay,not working for me either! Sounds awesome,im 45 minutes away from Valencia,might be worth the drive.20 minutes past that is another off road park,Gorman.Only that one is for motorized,ive been tearing it up on my quad out there for years!
    Last edited by socalMX; 12-05-2009 at 08:05 AM.

mtbr member
    This is very exciting news, I can't wait! Is there any idea of an eta?
    i'm only here to lurk and learn!

Glad to Be Alive
    link fixed
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007

looks pretty awesome

that looks pretty awesome and should stay packed.

I've been wondering for a while where this was going to happen.
    Trails + DH + skills are + BMX + things for the non bikers to do (website mentions a swimming pool) + campground = success.

Major congratulations to whomever is making this happen. I will be loading up the trailer and heading there for sure.

mtbr member
    I always figured the quail hunting would be good up that way, never made it up there though.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

Professional Troll
    Any new info? What about the possible place in Santa Clarita?

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks
    I always figured the quail hunting would be good up that way, never made it up there though.
    It's very good up there, in wet years.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    Any new info? What about the possible place in Santa Clarita?
    What possible place in santa clarita??

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap
    What possible place in santa clarita??
    No f-ing clue. Tried to figure that out everytime I've driven through there on the 126
    http://www.nsmb.com/3273-gravity-logic-vid

Aside from that link I've heard other stuff through the grapevine. Sounds like it actualy has been moving forward. Rumor has it that they're even in th eprocess/already have purchased a lift.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    No f-ing clue. Tried to figure that out everytime I've driven through there on the 126
    http://www.nsmb.com/3273-gravity-logic-vid

Aside from that link I've heard other stuff through the grapevine. Sounds like it actualy has been moving forward. Rumor has it that they're even in th eprocess/already have purchased a lift.

Their current status lists "possible feasibility." That's about as far from built as you can get, and way more closer to thinking "hey, a bike park in Santa Clarita would be *****in . . ."

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    It's very good up there, in wet years.
    Mt Pinos. nice huntn, couple of trails up there..

How long would it take to get to this bike park from Magic mountain?

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman
    Their current status lists "possible feasibility." That's about as far from built as you can get, and way more closer to thinking "hey, a bike park in Santa Clarita would be *****in . . ."
    Yes that link is several months old smart guy, and like I've said, heard from other people that they are much further ahead.

Flaccid Member
    Eliziabeth lake is Antelope Valley, think Palmdale, Quartzhill, etc, north of Castaic through the canyon.

Equal opportunity meanie
    By way of Lake Hughes Rd. or San Fran Cyn Rd., about 40 minutes. Both are really nice drives. It's about smack dab in the center along the 138 between 5 and 14. Some good stuff back in there..

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You guys are zoning in! It's south of 138 about 10 miles along Elizabeth Lake Road (which becomes Palmdale Blvd by the 14 fwy) into which both Lake Hughes and San Francisquito end. I was up there Sunday to ride Grass Mountain (off San Fran about 2 miles north of Green Valley) and saw some evidence of rough trail building. 1 primitive trail cut across the FS road about 1 mile in. I didn't ride it but later met 2 guys from Acton in a truck who were checking out the area. They hiked up the "new" trail with their bikes and rode down. They said it was short and nothing special. I saw no other trace of a future bike park. I e-mailed to the link when this thread first started to offer help with the trails and for rv park info but never received a response. The rv sites have been there for years and the place does have a pond and tennis court but there never seems to be much going on (no people seen) each time I ride by on the FS road. The place is surrounded by FS or private property so I think it will take some time before anything happens. There is little legal singletrack in the area but it is still fun to ride the miles of FS roads and what legal moto trails are there. If any of you want to check it out, let me know and I'll show you around!