mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New question here. Bike Hire in the San Diego area

I知 visiting the San Diego area for a weekend soon and would like to sample some of your excellent trails. Does any one have any recommendations on where to hire a Mountain Bike? I知 a responsible (but very average) Freeride/Downhiller from Australia visiting on business. I don稚 expect to be able to hire a freeride rig but is there any chance of getting a decent hardtail with slacker geometry. I値l most likely be staying around La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo on the 10th and 11th of April, any suggestions on some good trails with some nice descents. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by peteridesbikes
    I知 visiting the San Diego area for a weekend soon and would like to sample some of your excellent trails. Does any one have any recommendations on where to hire a Mountain Bike? I知 a responsible (but very average) Freeride/Downhiller from Australia visiting on business. I don稚 expect to be able to hire a freeride rig but is there any chance of getting a decent hardtail with slacker geometry. I値l most likely be staying around La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo on the 10th and 11th of April, any suggestions on some good trails with some nice descents. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Rent a bike from Bicycle Warehouse in Pacific Beach.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Yeah try bicycle warehouse http://bicyclewarehouse.com/site/intro.cfm
    They can either rent you one or tell you where to get one. I think they have some enduros to rent and some stumpjumpers. Both more than adequate for the type of trails you will find here. Go to www.mountainbikebill.com for detailed info on all San Diego area trails.