mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Big log removed in Sullivan Cyn

Someone chainsawed out the big log at the bottom of Sullivan Canyon for some unknown reason. WTF? That was one of the few features on the trail that's remotely technical or demanding. Lame. Who/why was that cut?

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gravity
    Someone chainsawed out the big log at the bottom of Sullivan Canyon for some unknown reason. WTF? That was one of the few features on the trail that's remotely technical or demanding. Lame. Who/why was that cut?
    You beat me to the post! I couldn't believe it either. At least the downed tree further up the canyon is still there. Other brush off the trail had been chain sawed too.

Maybe we should carry a big log down to simulate the old one?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is this the actual log that was a small drop or the tree that was down half way through the trail?

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdivachick
    Is this the actual log that was a small drop or the tree that was down half way through the trail?
    Neither, it was the log at the beginning of the Canyon after a right hand turn. Going up Sully you needed pedal over it or bunny hop it. Going down it was somewhat of a kicker.

So is your face
    Uh oh, no one has seen bulldozers or anything have they? My guess is it has to be the gas or power company that owns the land so they can get thru easier. Why would anyone else do it?

Or just maybe, it was a wild pack of hungry beavers that are extremely thorough and neat.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ok, as long as it wasn't the little log drop, but that one was fun too! Haven't been on there since the last rain and it still had a ton of water on it.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    I guess the fuuckers got tired of building ramps.

grk
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It was me. I needed the wood for an end table. I'll try to bondo up a substitute when I get a chance.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    i'm sorry but that is just fukin retarded.
    building kickers is one thing. removing permanent features like that log is just moronic

mtbr member
    I was surprised to see the log cut out too. Never really got over it since my big ring would hit but I didn't mind slowing down to go over it. Anyways, where does all the water come from? I just started riding there this summer so it was usual dry except for the one usually crossing which was always pretty small. Then it dried up around the fall/winter, but now every thing is wet. One section is pretty fun because it's flooded and you ride though the water for a while, but the water changed up a lot of the trail; especially towards the beginning.

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    If you want to go over the log I think you still can. As I remember, part of the log is/was still over the trail.

mtbr member
    May 2005

where does it originate

You can jump one half of the log which is still exposed. Years ago I did it and I tumbled over the top, it was pretty retarded.

The bigger question is where does that water originate from? Does it move underground at the top, does it turn toward Sullivan?