Glad to Be Alive

Big Bear...Snow Summit ...a new treasure destination?????

ok I heard some riders went up on Saturday and rode opening day and they said a lot of stuff got blown out.

But a good thing happened....the trail crew spent Saturday night and Sunday morning working on the trails.....plus they were watering down sections mid day....I didn't see any of the loose sections Sunday and Monday.

I rode only the two in the park trails(not the out of bounds trails)...both are fun with lots of flow...

The positives: Lots of flow, good berms to compress and get speed off of, some nice challenges. Trail crew working a lot. nice lenth of trails.

The needs: More markers for the other trails, more challenges (rock gardens). Love the opening of miracle mile with the jump into berm, compress off and then step up....would love to see more of that....more table top doubles with long length.

talked with trail crew...they were not expecting as many people who showed up on Saturday....but they were working hard...they only had 2 weeks to get the trail going....but they were excited to have Tuesday thru Friday working on the trails...they also have a new line marked off for the Cruiser trail exit...so you don't pedal the fireroad back(easy easy pedal and you know I don't like pedaling).

Overall: If the trail crew keeps this up...I think we will have something special in Southern California...which all oif SoCal bike riders been asking for.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Good assessment...I think also some progressive ladder drop options to work on those skills, maybe on a new trail, would be good. They could even do them like the one kinda ladder drop they have on MM but with a steeper landing zone to give you a larger drop with a lil speed...

Beer Please!
    I cannot wait to head up there and try it out!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah looking forward to heading up there in a few weeks. Been a long time since I've been to Big Bear.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    That 2x4 berm was amazing! The trails could use a little more water. I rode the magic mile once in the morning and then again in the afternoon and it was already improving.