mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Big Bear Race Conditions?

So anybody been up there riding that can give any insight on conditions for Sunday June 1st?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Probably depends on weather this week? I think people were riding up there no problems before this past weekend. But I don't imagine it'll have any lasting effects. Hopefully a few locals will chime in.

Unfortunately I'll be solo laps at Fontana

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Anybody have any idea what the course and dirt is like up there?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrent100
    Anybody have any idea what the course and dirt is like up there?
    it snowed in arrowhead on friday
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Big Drops
    Nov 2004
    Was in Big Bear this past weekend. On Saturday there was a measurable amount of snow in Running Springs/Arrowbear but once past Snow Valley it dropped off and Big Bear was dry. Suspect very little moisture in Big Bear as water crossings were low.
    Not sure of the 6/1 course. If similar to past Fall Classics, the dirt is good. Town Trail hasn't been graded so it's packed hard w a couple very minor water/mud crossings. 2N08 is fine. Couple loose areas but all very manageable. 1E01, fun fun as usual. Mill Creek, nothing unexpected. Didn't ride Plantation so unsure whether there is an accumulation of water in the pond area. 2N10 from Grandview to Upper Fall Line is fairly hard packed with a few loose/shallow sand areas. Again, nothing unexpected. Good news? No Flies! Bad News? Big Bear Mtn Brew is out of their Dopplebock (but still has IPA on tap).

mtbr member
    Does anybody know the stats for the beginner race? I'm trying to decide if I'm coming down for the race, but won't have anytime to preride if I do. I'd love to know the distance and total elevation if anybody has it. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Experts and pros are doing 24 miles and 3300 ft of climbing. I think the beginners are doing the same distance as sport. They don't say how far the other classes are going. And the map isn't real clear for the route.

Here is a link to registration and maps http://www.teambigbear.com/schedule.php

But the weather is suppose to great. High around 72..