Thread: Big Bear

mtbr member

Big Bear

I usually get to visit/ride in CA a couple times a year. The last time I was riding Snow Summit, there was a sign at the lift that basically said next year the lift tickets would only get you one ride to the top, and that's it. It's been a few years and haven't been back, but now have been hearing different reports. Anyone? Are the lifts running mtn bikes to the top again or did they ever stop? Thanks everyone.

p.s. need to clean the N.C. red dirt from my tires.
    Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    Don't sweat it.

King of Middle Earth
    I was there this past Summer in July. The lift was hauling bikes up to the top. Call them and ask if you want to make sure before you head up there.
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

mtbr member
    You can buy a single lift or a day lift ticket. No more DH bikes though (unless you just ride them up), I think the max travel they allow is 4" or 5".

Beer Please!
    I hate to be that guy, but a simple search using the words Big Bear nets some thread from the past few months touching on this exact issue:

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=9807639

This thread was started in August and last commented on 3 weeks ago:
    Big bear/snow summit

;-)
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by HOG farmer
    I usually get to visit/ride in CA a couple times a year. The last time I was riding Snow Summit, there was a sign at the lift that basically said next year the lift tickets would only get you one ride to the top, and that's it. It's been a few years and haven't been back, but now have been hearing different reports. Anyone? Are the lifts running mtn bikes to the top again or did they ever stop? Thanks everyone.

p.s. need to clean the N.C. red dirt from my tires.

You didn't say when you were coming up, but check the weather. While the rest of Southern California has been blistering hot, we've had thunderstorms up here. It's supposed to be clear by the weekend. I don't ride at Summit so I can't comment.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales