120 pounds of xc sex!

Good job! best trails after the rains?

Post the best trails in the area after the rains. Directions too! (And if you have any recent experiences riding in those areas too)

thanks!
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member

Depends on what yer looking for

Do you want muddy or semi-dry? I went riding on the pseudo bike trail by Nellie Gale in Orange County yesterday. Not sure if it's a trail per se, mostly rich people with horses live there but the sidewalk (which happens to be dirt/mud) is public property. There is also the Aliso Viejo Canyon you could try but I don't know if it's open so soon after a night's rain. You could try tho. Good luck.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Maple Springs
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

120 pounds of xc sex!

Good job! well..

I was thinking more san gabriels?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Just another Homer

The Gab

but not for a day or two. It is composed mostly of decomposed granite,but there are some sections that have a medium to high clay content which will leave a rut if you ride over it when it's very wet. Upper Merril is probably your best bet though.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    Post the best trails in the area after the rains. Directions too! (And if you have any recent experiences riding in those areas too)

thanks!
    Besides Merrills, Strawberry Peak and Chilao will be good after rain. As a matter of fact, a buddy of mine wants me to show him Strawberry Peak either on Tuesday or Wednesday. BTW, an extra layer will be handy since it'll will be cold up there.

Just another Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBike
    Besides Merrills, Strawberry Peak and Chilao will be good after rain. As a matter of fact, a buddy of mine wants me to show him Strawberry Peak either on Tuesday or Wednesday. BTW, an extra layer will be handy since it'll will be cold up there.
    Hey Blue Bike,
    I don't have to work tomorrow and it's been at least two weeks since I froze my arse off, so I'd love to join you.

When & Where?
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    Hey Blue Bike,
    I don't have to work tomorrow and it's been at least two weeks since I froze my arse off, so I'd love to join you.

When & Where?
    I am not sure if my friend wants to ride, but I am down for tomorrow. Can you meet me up at JPL at 9:30 am? Let's decide where to ride once we get together.

Just another Homer

Just seen this

And I'm still at home, and it's 9:30. Oh well, I've got Stans in my tires now so I'm going to go up some singletrack here behind my house and see how it's faired over the last year. It's the San Sevaine singletrack (full of goathead stickers), kind of a secret trail, but nobody ever inquires about it,so no real reason to keep it secret. Plus I'd love to share it.
    Toby Keith

kks
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    And I'm still at home, and it's 9:30. Oh well, I've got Stans in my tires now so I'm going to go up some singletrack here behind my house and see how it's faired over the last year. It's the San Sevaine singletrack (full of goathead stickers), kind of a secret trail, but nobody ever inquires about it,so no real reason to keep it secret. Plus I'd love to share it.
    sup guys, khai here. check out my sig.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kks
    sup guys, khai here. check out my sig.
    Cool!