mtbr member

Best DH Trails in LA Area

I'm looking for DH "shuttle" style trails in LA area. Take into consideration ease of shuttling, parking, and DH style riding.

Any input would be appreciated.
    "walking on water is only knowing where the stones are"

DirtBag
    I wish you luck with this cadwiz. There seems to be a decent amount of good trails in the area but no one really wants to announce their location and chance getting the spot burned. I understand that, being a BMX trail builder and getting spots blown up all the time in the past. I live in the Burbank area have an itch to get an 8" travel bike, but i just can't justify it because I haven't found the trails yet either. If anyone out there riding shuttle style stuff and wants a digger send me a PM as well as cadwiz. I need to see some good trails so I have reason to buy a Driver 8 next year. Driving to Frazier Park isn't getting it done for me anymore.

Glad to Be Alive
    www.southridgeusa.com

nothing in LA besides that

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadwiz
    I'm looking for DH "shuttle" style trails in LA area. Take into consideration ease of shuttling, parking, and DH style riding.

Any input would be appreciated.
    So is everyone else! When you find these DH trails, make sure you post all about them on every bike forum you can (including here) just so everyone else can ride them too. Pictures help a lot and also clear directions to the trail head! This will help everyone out! Thanks for you help!

[/SARCASM]

On a serious note, please use the search option. This has been discussed in detail, take a few minutes to do some research!
    Last edited by Bobby Peru; 11-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Not exactly LA but Tunnel Trail in Santa Barbara is sweet!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Gendora is close by, it's called the Glendora Mountain Road trail. 13 miles of down hill. near the bottom It splits into two routes, steep technical and creek bed rock garden. Uber fun. This is a Shuttle run. You will have to google this as I don't remember the address. ..

Hot Pursuit
    I think the road everyone is referring to is called Lower Monroe Truck Trail, it's off on Glendora Mountain Road. You can hit the trail if coming from the west you go north on Azusa Ave till it turns to San Gabriel Canyon Road and go east on East Fork Road. That should head you to Glendora Ridge Road and Glendora Mountain Road. If you're coming from the east you can take the 210 freeway and exit Mountain Ave. Go up till you hit Glendora Mountain Road which is about 200ft before the fire station. Keep in mind it's the rainy season and it get snowy soon, so they usually close Glendora Mountain Road if it get's icy.

Hot Pursuit
    Also you want to check out http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/

Here's the most recent thread regarding the above trail.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...-glendora.html

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone for your input
    "walking on water is only knowing where the stones are"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Please pm me as well for any locations that can be shuttled. I would be more than happy to shuttle my car if anyone is willing to give up some locations, will buy them lunch anywhere they choose. As for this Glendora location if anyone is going in the near future please post as I woul like to join in, if I'm in town. Thanks. Also if there are any DJ in LA please pm me.

Professional Troll
    Santa Barbara trails, no secret there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eride1
    Please pm me as well for any locations that can be shuttled. I would be more than happy to shuttle my car if anyone is willing to give up some locations, will buy them lunch anywhere they choose. As for this Glendora location if anyone is going in the near future please post as I woul like to join in, if I'm in town. Thanks. Also if there are any DJ in LA please pm me.
    http://www.whittiernarrowsbmx.com/