mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Best bike shops in LA and San Francisco

So me and a mate from Aussie land will be spending a bit of time in LA and in San Francisco. Where hiring a car and spending a couple of days driving from one to the other.

So while we are in the states we have decided to pick up some gear because of the strong Aussie dollar, and because its a lot cheaper over here.
    So what are the best/cheapest bike shops that we should be dropping into. We are looking for mainly downhill/freeride stuff and for shops that have a lot stock on hand.

Thanks for helping us out guys
    Cheers

partsman
    Dec 2007
    san francisco area would be Passion trail Bikes in Belmont, about 26 miles south of S.F.
    415 old county rd 650-620-9798

used to be uno-speedo....
    The Path in Tustin.

mtbr member
    Spokesman in Santa Cruz, CA. Best shop, lots of cool stuff, vintage and high end, very very knowledgable staff as well. Also good pricing. I've been to quite a few shops and this one is IT. I could write an essay on the excellent customer service I've gotten time after time from the guys and girls over there. I know they have Specialized, Ibis, Titus, and a bunch of other bikes as well.

http://spokesmanbicycles.com/

mtbr member
    Definitely check out The Path...ive only been a handful of times but its like christmas,,small space wise but they have parts literally floor to ceiling! Lots of items out of box for a discount... Also the people at Passion Trails in Belmont are definitely top notch, their selection on hand is good but not immense

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    San Francisco: American Cyclery on Stanyan.

Los Angeles: Cynergy in Santa Monica, Velo Pasadena in Pasadena, Helen's Cycles in Arcadia

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wheel World in Culver City. Some of the prices are great on the clearance stuff but average on normal bikes. Its just the most selection of Specialized, Giant, Kona and a few others.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount Rider
    San Francisco: American Cyclery on Stanyan.

Los Angeles: Cynergy in Santa Monica, Velo Pasadena in Pasadena, Helen's Cycles in Arcadia
    I dont agree with those picks. At least 2 of them are full price shops with a bit of attitude thrown in. I think what he is looking for is WheelWorld, Jensen and maybe Cambria if driving between the 2 cities.
    Romani ite domum