mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Beginner trails around Corona

Just looking for some beginners trails in the Corona/Norco area.

I'm not in great shape and I ride a mid-level XC bike. I also ride with my 12 year old son. Not looking for any killer climbs however I dont mind doing some climbing.
    We've ridin only Chino Hills (just up to four corners and back) and the Fullerton loop, and we've done those many times so they're good examples.

just want some new trails to ride.

thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Bonelli Park has something for everyone. Pretty close to you, safe, and lots of different types of trails. It is my main go-to ride when I do not have a lot of time, and yet I'm craving a ride. Highly recommend it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Weir Canyon loop is fairly short, rolling hills, not technical. You can park at the end of Hidden Canyon Rd in Anaheim Hills. Then when you get your legs and skills you can ride over to Santiago Oaks!
    http://goo.gl/maps/8PdcZ

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The Weir canyon trail looks pretty good. Ive never even heard of that one.
    do you know how far around the loop is?

thanks

keep the suggestions coming please

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I think it is probably 3-4 miles around. If you don't look at the power lines, you will feel like you are in the wilderness!! I like doing it counterclockwise. Look at the Google maps link.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Beginner trails around Corona

I am new to the riding out here in Corona/Norco. I always see cars parked off the 91 over by green river, is there a trail that goes to the beach? Any more info on rides is great. Where is bonelli park?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Off of Green River, you can catch the Santa Ana River Trail to Huntington Beach. Also, Bonelli Park is in San Dimas. You can park at a Park and Ride near Via Verde and the 57 fwy. Then ride in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gunners wife View Post
    Where is bonelli park?
    I also would recommend this. Its at the 10/57/71 intersection. Same place as Raging Waters. Its off the Via Verde exit from the 57. The parking attendants have trail maps. Fire Roads and singletrack throughout.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Park at green river and ride thru golf course paved road behind golf course and over the rr tracks , enter chino hill state park this way , very nice

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I am on the far western side of Riverside, I need to check out Bonelli, Weir and Santiago Oaks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hit me up if anyone wants to ride mid-week. I usually do Chino Hills or Bonelli either Wednesday or Thursdays, as well as riding SART or Wrightwood for high elevation stuff.
    I know these trails very well if anyone wants to go. I will be riding both Wednesday and Thursday this coming week too.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    Hit me up if anyone wants to ride mid-week. I usually do Chino Hills or Bonelli either Wednesday or Thursdays, as well as riding SART or Wrightwood for high elevation stuff.
    I know these trails very well if anyone wants to go. I will be riding both Wednesday and Thursday this coming week too.
    What time? What type of riding?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatetodd View Post
    What time? What type of riding?
    Probably like 0800. I am 50 YO and not fast, but I am capable of riding Trail/AM type stuff. Typical rides are between 10 and 17 miles. I do longer rides up to 30+ miles, but these are Epic type rides and take all day. For the rides I mentioned above, I'm usually out for 2-3 hours, depending on which ride I'm doing. Do you like high mountain stuff?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have never done high mountain stuff. I can't do weekday AM rides though, bummer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatetodd View Post
    I have never done high mountain stuff. I can't do weekday AM rides though, bummer.
    There are plenty of good riders on this site, many of which I have personally ridden with, who you should be able to ride a weekend ride up there. I have yet to have a bad experience riding with people from this site.
    Hope it works out for you.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    There are plenty of good riders on this site, many of which I have personally ridden with, who you should be able to ride a weekend ride up there. I have yet to have a bad experience riding with people from this site.
    Hope it works out for you.
    Awesome, thanks!