mtbr member

Beginner friendly SoCal race, ?

After just competing in my first ever race, Mt. Sac Fat Tire, I'm looking forward to doing it again but I don't want to wait a whole year. What are some other beginner friendly races in So Cal later this year or even next year ?

By beginner friendly I mean the beginner class will do half as many laps as the experts/pros on a semi-challenging course rather than 1 lap of an extremely challenging course.

Glad to Be Alive
    www.southridgeusa.com

go there as a beginner...a lot of fun and many riders
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

stay thirsty, my friends
    Southridge is a lot of fun. I haven't raced it but have gone to watch and everybody has a good time there. The Warriors Society sometimes has races in lap format but not sure what's going to happen cause of issues with the Flying B ranch.

Btw . . . you can find pics from that Mt Sac race you did here.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    all the local races have beginner spots with some courses easy and some hard. I thought the Firestone Walker Classic in near Santa Barbara was an easy course. The most challenging probably was Rim Nordic, but it's all ridable and really fun. Most XC courses are not that techy.

mtbr member

Website -- ?

Thanks for the help guys !

Is there a website that consolidates and lists all of the local races even if they are not affiliated with one another ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    check geoladders.com for various races

also, you just missed the race at Bonelli park in San Dimas, but I think they have another one in March

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I rode the Muddy Buddy race there last week (Along with my Frau...). Do you know if it is the same course? Hilly, wide open, not alot of single track, or are there more trails to be had in Bonelli? Its a sweet area, easily accesible from the hwy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    the muddy buddy race was similar to the XC race a month ago, not the same, but still in that same area south and west of the lake. I think the course in March goes around the lake, but i'm not sure

mtbr member
    vaillake in temecula