mtbr member

begginer rides around alipine

I am hoping that you all can give me some info on beginner rides near Alpine or around the 79 north to Julian. I will be traveling from san diego east and then north ending at santa Ysabel and riding there. I Would like to stop and ride some where around alpine or not to far off my route and ride either double track or easy single.
    I Was looking at ridding Anderson truck trail out and back, but it looks really steep for a climb. Can I make noble canyon not so narly?

Any info would be great, thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    There's plenty of fun singletrack just off the 79, between the 8 and Julian in Cuyamaca Rancho park. You should be able to find a trail map online. Good luck and have fun.

P.S. You're right about ATT being a steep climb. Probably not the best choice for a beginner.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    I thought Cuyamaca was all graded dirt roads. What single track are you talking about?

mtbr member
    See http://www.mountainbikebill.com. He has very detailed rides and maps. For a beginner try Big Laguna Trail (BLT). Nice singletrack.

mtbr member
    May 2008

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock
    I thought Cuyamaca was all graded dirt roads. What single track are you talking about?
    it's mostly fire road, but if you do the grand loop, you can rack up a fair bit of ST by starting at East Mesa Fire Road and then doing La Cima later on.