Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bear mountain rules

837 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DirtDad 
#1 ·
I was planning on hitting up big bear this summer, and i was wondering how strict bear mountain is about their bike specs policy. I just want to know if they are leniant enough to let you slip by with a bigger fork or a heavier bike than they say they allow. thanks in advance

-bryguy

#2 ·
A little lenient

Bryguy17 said:
I was planning on hitting up big bear this summer, and i was wondering how strict bear mountain is about their bike specs policy. I just want to know if they are leniant enough to let you slip by with a bigger fork or a heavier bike than they say they allow. thanks in advance

-bryguy
I presume you mean the lifts at Snow Summit? If you go to Bear Mountain just around the corner you wont find any lift action for bikes.

Summit is a little lenient. I show up with a 2.6" tire every year. They even have this welded piece of rebar to measure the tire, and mine is too big, they always laugh it off. What they say when you actually talk to them is that they are looking for are riders in full body armor, on full DH bikes, that kind of thing. This year I am going to tempt fate with a 160 mm fork. Lets see, 6" is 152.4 mm, which is a rounding error, I am sure.

#3 ·
okay cool, so they are more concerned about downhillers than people like me that will show up in a t-shirt and bike shorts with a hardtail commuter bike? and yes, i was referring to snow summit, and just said bear mountain as referring to the whole general area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.