mtbr member
    Aug 2009

bald eagle (inland empire)

Went for a ride to Lake Perris yesterday and I spotted this beauty, unfortunately around 100 yds was a crew taking down some trees , I felt like calling the park to tell them what the hek, this eagles are coming from the north to find refuge and we are lucky to get them here to enjoy. I felt I needed to share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bald eagle (inland empire)-picture-975-copy-1.jpg  

bald eagle (inland empire)-picture-982-copy-1.jpg  

bald eagle (inland empire)-picture-983-copy-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That rocks! I've yet to see one .....supposedly Big Bear gets a few this time of year...

mtbr member
    What a beauty!

nice shots.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Fantastic!
    If not biking, then what?

King of Middle Earth
    During the 90's I spent alot of time bassin' at Lake Perris. I'd seen a few Baldys there. Once, I saw a Baldy chasing an Osprey that was holding a fish and that Osprey's mate was chasing the Baldy! It was an "Eagle dogfight".

I've also seen several Baldys up at BB. They like to eat the ducks up there, LOL!
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Big Bear gets quite few , there is a monthly count for them there , and I believed Perris is conduction a winter count on them apparently there is more than one, hope I have time to roll the program.
    ambassadorhawg , that sound like an awesome experience to see the dogfight , I have some cool pics of and osprey chilling on a tree.
    Thanks for the input glad you enjoy the share.