mtbr member
    Feb 2010

bakersfield free riding

im starting to get into this alot and was wondering if theres anyone in bako that also is ? would be cool to see a pro or learn with some beginners!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I just bought a bike and cant wait for it to get here (bikesdirect.com). I would love to ride with someone out here. Everyone I know rides roadbikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My buddy and I just bought bikes to ride. Shoot me a message if you want to go for a ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Definitely! Ill be in touch for sure!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ResponseRiderXO
    im starting to get into this alot and was wondering if theres anyone in bako that also is ? would be cool to see a pro or learn with some beginners!

Hey man, I'm in Bako too, and my buddy and I go every so often. We are pretty beginner as well. Hit me up if you want to try to ride one of these days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    sounds like theres more then i thought

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yup, there are a few of us in here for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    hey guys, me and my buddy usually do the trails from truxtun extension to riverwalk and further. its pretty beginner stuff but let me know if you are interested. we usually go around 3pm wednesday through friday and some saturdays. I have to work every other saturday and every sunday. we did hart park for the first time but i ate it pretty bad and busted my shoulder so i think we will do that after we get better. plus there were a lot of weirdos on the trails there next to the river. but let me know if any of you are interested. we are beginners so gonna take it easy for now.

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    Check out the SSFTA.COM website for weekly rides ranging from beginner to expert

j14
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm also in Bakersfield and have checked the SSFTA site. For the group rides, I consider myself a beginner, but I have wanted to ask, how strenuous are the rides? My uphill stamina is not the greatest yet...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The rides vary by who is leading that day. They used to have it split up into a fast and slow group. I myself try to ride with few guys to make things easy.

Big Hittin'
    Is there DH/freeride in Bakerfield?

Ive never been up there so I donít know. What are the trails like? Do you shuttle or climb?
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    There are some DH/freeride stuff heading up to Isabella and Kernville area. If you just want some mild hilly stuff, check out the hills around Hart Park. You could park around Juliet Thorner Elementary and start pedalling up the hills across the oil fields. I ride out there once in a while when i visit. Nothing too technical, but, its a place to ride and get into condition.

j14
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have gone up to Kernville a few times and ridden the trails that start from Alta Sierra (Shirley Meadows) but they were not too difficult. I am just looking to ride somewhere not too far. I got a new bike and haven't taken it anywhere yet...

mtbr member
    I've heard about a some trails called Just Outstanding and Cannell Plunge
    Cannell Plunge Kernville 2011 - YouTube

j14
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I've ridden Just Outstanding and it is fun...