mtbr member

Backbone to Will Rogers is Sanitized...

I was psyched to do this loop again after several months and finally got out again on Friday. Boy was i disappointed...the trail looks like a bobcat leveled the entire trail all the way to the overlook at Will Rogers= not much fun. Although it needed some cutting back- this version is almost fireroad like and the turns are off camber. I'll have to wait a year and some rains before doing this trail again. On the upside some of the water bumps seem much larger and you can really launch off of some of them now-

mtbr member
    Trail will be back in no time, just needs people burning in the turns. I'm back on the bike after a broken arm but limited to only fire roads for a month or more so i plan on doing some trail work, anybody else?
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    your a few months late on this one dude

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Really - you liked not being able to even see the trail? And the major exfoliation from everything rubbing against your legs at high speed...you liked that? I kinda glad they beat everything back a bit. That trail was disappearing. It's a fresh canvas now.

b a n n e d
    They seem to do this at least bi-annually, if not annually . . . its fine. It'll be back to where it was in a few months. Just needs a few good rains and some traffic is all.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Team Fearless Descender
    Ride it pretty often, but after the recent "work" I left it alone. Not only was it cleared, but the trail surface was very soft / loose. Not really complaining though, it really needed the brush clearance (and still does on the very bottom section). So, hit it up this past Sunday, hoping that after the recent light rain and such, that it would be compacted a bit... oh yea! True, it doesn't have really any "tech" at the moment, but holy cow it is FAST! Really, you must run a hiker bell if you are bombing this, its that fast.

And, give it some time, it will begin to acquire some character, right now there are a few kicker / berms that give you some joy!

007 - yea, its not more often than every few years, if even that. I can't really remember that last time it got a hair cut like it has had recently.

Just like after Jedi / Westridge ST / Sully Cyn were graded over the past few years, new fun will be born from the "destruction" of the good old trails.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Stray Bullet
    Sweet I can finally ride my CX bike on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angry_young_and_poor View Post
    your a few months late on this one dude
    hey pardon me for giving a trail report- i havent seen any news on it being bladed and i rode it fairly recently...yea i know it will come back eventually but i think what they did is rather extreme- it needed cutting back but this is a bit much. I agree with El Salt- there is a potential for running into hikers at higher speed now and an inexperienced rider could easily come into some corners too hot..please use a bell for the hikers sake

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops View Post
    hey pardon me for giving a trail report- i havent seen any news on it being bladed and i rode it fairly recently...yea i know it will come back eventually but i think what they did is rather extreme- it needed cutting back but this is a bit much. I agree with El Salt- there is a potential for running into hikers at higher speed now and an inexperienced rider could easily come into some corners too hot..please use a bell for the hikers sake
    No, it's definitely worse and I wouldn't have heard of this either had I not ridden it. Given the number of times this trail is recommended to out-of-towners, your report is a good one.

And yes, its wicked fast right now . . . which is both good and bad. I may give this a night run!

Hmmm . . . anyone ever hit WR at night?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Bells are good. Don't want to piss off the Hikers. They might petition to band MTB on the trails. They love making BS laws in Cali!