mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Backbone Trail Conditions: Hub to Will Rogers

Hey all,

Just wondering what the condition of the Backbone Trail from the Hub to Will Rogers is like since the rains. Deep ruts, conditions by the bridge, anything to be watchful for, etc. Planning on heading up there this weekend. Thanks for any input!

Team Fearless Descender
    I road the "loop", up Sulli, over to the HUB, and down Backbone into Will Rogers last weekend, before this past Tues rain. It was in very good shape, no mud, and only slightly more than usual ruts. If you have not ridden it in a while, just keep your eyes a little more open! But, again, as of last Sunday, nothing major to worry about - 100% ridable.

With the warm weekend temps coming, and a few days of dry weather, I'll bet it'll be fantastic. I may be riding that loop again this coming 3 day weekend myself.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    totally rideable. Some small wet sections and boggy mud.
    The lines have changed somewhat in the rock garden section of the backbone, and also down towards the end of the trail before the bridge. So don't let yourself get locked into old habits. Nothing major though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thnx! I'll be there tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a great day tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Just rode it again the other day and conditions are great. Tree tunnels are still a little tacky, grass is high obscuring the trail occasionally, and plenty of snakes to keep you on your toes.