Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007

Attn: San Diego - Demo Cannondale, Diamondback, Giant, Rocky Mountain, & Yeti

Hey All,

We (Zumwalt's Bicycle Center) will be hosting our second annual Demo Day & Poker Ride May 18, 2008 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sweetwater Summit Park in Bonita. As mentioned in the title, the Demo will feature the latest bicycles from Cannondale, Diamondback, Giant, Rocky Mountain, and Yeti Cycles.

We will also be hosting a FREE Poker Ride w/ Prizes from the shop and from various vendors. The MTB Poker Ride will be an 8 to 12 mile loop with many trails in the surrounding area for those who would like to ride more. In Addition to the MTB Poker Ride we will be adding a group Road Ride to this year's events which will be about 25 to 30 miles. Participants in the Road Ride will be given a hand in the Poker Ride after completion of the ride.

There will also be a raffle benefiting the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition (SDCBC) and San Diego Mountain Bike Association (SDMBA) with prizes from a lot of various vendors. Food will be provided.

For more info check out our website at www.zcbikes.com (info. to be posted) or give us a call at the shop.

Silence and Thunder...
    Cool! We had a great time there last year.
    I highly recommend this ride...
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    +1

Was that a Bobcat?
    Yup, count me in.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

http://www.travbuddy.com/widget_map_...php?id=3291361

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Yup, awesome time last year and extremely well organized. If you haven't been to this before, I highly recommend it. Zumwalt's ROCKS!

****inaid gonna be there again? Love that stuff.

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    Hey guys,

Glad you had an awesome time last year. We plan on making this an annual event and make it just a pure celebration of pedal-powered 2 wheelin' "****inaid is now called Vitalyte and Ernie, the Vitalyte rep will be there for sure, along with leading out the group road ride. Let me know if you guys have any other questions about things... We look forward to seeing all of you out there again

Liaison
    This event is always fun. Thanks to guys and girls and dogs at Zumwalt's for puttin' it on.

Any chance you can bring some 29ers with big frames (21") for us big kids?

-Gardner
    SDMBA Liaison, Sycamore Canyon/Goodan Ranch Open Space Preserves

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007

29'ers

I made sure to let our reps know that you are all interested in 29'ers. Cannondale said that they should have a couple on the truck so we can make sure you "big kids" have something to play on.

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    3 1/2 weeks away... it's gonna be a good one. Just so you all know, we'll be selling raffle tickets at the shop and at the event for $1 per ticket or $20 for 30 tickets. Prizes sponsored by Canari, Camelbak, Cannondale, Giant, Giro, Diamondback, Intense Tires, Niterider, Oakley, Rocky Mountain, Schwalbe, THE, Vitalyte, & Yeti. Hope to see you all there.

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007

Flier for the Event

The flier for the event for anyone interesed.

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007

... and if we just ...

2 more weeks

Rollin' on dub-6's
    I've never ridden at Sweetwater...what style of riding is the ride going to be? Should I bring my rigid singlespeed or my all-mountain bike?

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    there will be some fire roads, singletrack, and some technical loose sections. it is a beginner/intermediate ride, so if you're able to pedal you're SS uphilll regularly it should be fine. An all-mountain bike would also be more than adequate and for the ride. Either way, I always tell people it's a nice easy loop that goes uphill both out and on the way back : ) Hope that helps. Eric

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm interested in the Cannondale Rize. Will I be able to take one out for a thorough test ride at least an hour? Does it cost anything?

Thanks,
    Craig

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    Hey Craig,

Cannondale will definitely be bringing some Rizes for you to try out. You'll be able to take it out for that long, but we ask that you keep it only as much as you need as I'm sure there'll be other's checking that bike out. There is NO cost for the demo. We are asking for donations for the SDMBA and SDCBC or you can purchase raffle tickets to support them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eric

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    Here's what it looks like for bikes from everybody:

Cannondale - Scalpel's, Rize's, Moto's and for you roadies some Super Six's and System Six's

Diamondback - Sortie's and Missions

Giant - Trance X's and Reign X's

Rocky Mountain - Element's, Slayer SXC's, Flow's, and Vertex's

Yeti - 575's, ASR's, ASR Carbon's and a 303 will be on display

New, but not listed on the flier is Titus which will have Racer-X's, Motolite, & El Guapo

That's all for now, but if I hear anything else, I'll be sure to let you all know. See you all there.

Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splack
    I've never ridden at Sweetwater...what style of riding is the ride going to be? Should I bring my rigid singlespeed or my all-mountain bike?

Bring the SS, I'll probably have mine.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    Mtb Poker Ride Course for anybody interested (please note disclaimer on bottom left):

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thank you to all the great people who set up this event. I had a great time, the Zumwalt guys are very cool, and now I'm jonesing for a Slayer....

mtbr member
    Thanks Eric and everyone at Zumwalts, great ride and great food, the Yeti I demo for the ride was sooo sweet!! Thanks also for the free swang!

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    Thanks you guys, but we really couldn't do these events if you all didn't take time out of your lives to make it there. We're glad everybody had an awesome time, and look forward to the next go-round. Special thanks to all our volunteers and to all the companies that made everything possible. See you all around the bend.

Eric