Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is Art's Trail Open (Sycamore Cyn, Pt. Mugu)

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mdemm 
#1 ·
I went to Sin Nombre and noticed that the fence to Art's was no longer there. Is it legal to ride now? It's been awhile since I've been to Sycamore Cyn.

I forgot to ride up Ranch Center to see if the fence was removed on the top side. Can I ride Art's from Ranch Center?

#5 ·
Oh, gotcha. Where that intersects Sage up top looks pretty beat up and unused. But there are a few mtb tracks coming off it. I didn't see any no bikes signage either. I wondered where that trail went, but I thought it was an abandoned trail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
So I climbed up where the fence used to be on the Sin Nombre side... Art's is open for business!!! It ends at the tree just a few 100 feet from where that Closed sign is up Ranch Center Road... It's just as fun as I remember... I always preferred to climb up Art's instead of starting from the fire road side... It's enough to climb and just enough fun to turn around for the descent...

#10 ·
There are 3 entry / exits to this trail. If you go west another 100' (right side of picture). That is the trail that is open. If you continue up the road to where the Oak tree is. That is the 3rd entry. The sign that states that "this section is closed" keeps being ripped out of the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.