ss poser

arrowhead trails?

the only trail i found on the trail review was for deep creek. anyone have more info on this trail? opinions? i heard there were tons of single tracks dropping into the pinnacles. what's good out there?

headed up tomorrow, so we'd appreciate any tips!

tks!
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

Mmmmmm Beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by tink bell
    the only trail i found on the trail review was for deep creek. anyone have more info on this trail? opinions? i heard there were tons of single tracks dropping into the pinnacles. what's good out there?

headed up tomorrow, so we'd appreciate any tips!

tks!
    From what I know it is mostly private property up there. Just hop in the car and head to Big Bear. More trails!
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

Over the Hill
    A overlooked trail that I think is great is Exploration Trail near Arrowbear. Take the road to Keller Peak Fire Lookout. Climb it out and back or ride the pavement up and come down it.

Here is a ride report I posted last year. http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...owbear-ca.html

I have also rode Heart Rock Trail, nice trail too short and is a better hiking trail.

Dean

ss poser
    well, there's at least deep creek.

we'll have to look at how far bb is from ah. we've done expl. trail in ab, tks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sorry I didn't get online earlier but we ride at Arrowhead and have a great route. It involves both fireroads and single track. One word of warning - the single track is maintained by Green Sticker fees meaning the dirt bikes have the right of way. Think of it like roller ball and know that you have to jump off the trail fast! Dirt bikers have always been nice to us when we do stop and talk to them. They appreciate that we realize they can't do anything to get out of our way and are impressed that we are using leg power. I miss the throttle on the long fireroad climb back up to the lake.
    Anyway, the route follows a fireroad off the backside from the dam. Eventually the single tracks cross it. I can't give you road numbers off the top of my head but if you intend to go up again, I will get more detailed info. It is part of the burn area so it will be very warm there in the summer. And it is all public land that we ride on.

ss poser
    tks, we took the bikes, but only rock climbed. we noticed a singletrack paralleling the road & it was busy w/dirtbikes. w/that & the heat we decided not to ride. i think we'll stick to bb & running springs.