mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anywhere good to ride near 92694 zip?

I'll be down next week with the family visiting old friends. Wondering if there are some dirt trails I could access without too much trouble?

CEB
    No horse'n round

Must be kidding........

You will be minutes away from the San Juan Trail. One of the best XC trails in So Cal..... NO SHEET!

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4520crx.aspx

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by CEB
    You will be minutes away from the San Juan Trail. One of the best XC trails in So Cal..... NO SHEET!

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4520crx.aspx

you will love this trail
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sweet! I'll check out the map. Hopefully I won't get myself lost.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just found out I'll be "9.0 mi – about 17 mins" away according to google maps. Cool!

Anybody wanna ride?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Tried to go here today. The directions I had from the trail review led me to somplace else (which is where I ended up riding). I had to get back on the 74 and go 5 more miles. Problem was there was nobody around, no place to pay a parking fee, and signs that say you must have a Wilderness Pass since its Federal land or something. It was just a bit too sketchy for me. So I went back to Capser whatever and talked to the ranger again, and ended up riding there. Was nothing terribly special, but I got a good ride in I wouldn't have otherwise. Well worth $3 parking fee. Maybe some other time I'll figure out how to get a "Wilderness Pass" (or be brave enough to just park and ride anyway).

Professional Troll
    eh, neglect the wilderness pass. The tickets are unenforceable as far as I know. There are people on this board with hundreds of dollars of unpaid tickets from those.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    wilderness pass can be purchased through area sporting goods stores. Trail from Ladera Ranch area goes to Oneill park from the arroyo under the CV bridge. 18 mile out and back plus more riding in the park and to other trails not to mention the trails off of Antonio Parkway. There are some small climbs, fire road, single track and water crossings. Overall a great scenic ride with miles of trails with some road work thrown in to connect certain trails. A worth while ride.