Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24

    Anyone Willing to show me around the Santa Monicas?

    I've really been wanting to ride out in the Santa Monica mountains for a while. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me around. I'd say my skill level is Beginner/Intermediate. The normal trails i ride are El Prieto and Del Cerro.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    548
    Sure. But I'm doing a lot of traveling until October rolls around. Then I've got time (and it will be a bit cooler.)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    921
    Ill be in too if that's OK.
    honda seatcovers
    winter warm and summer cool
    little lambs no more

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Sure. But I'm doing a lot of traveling until October rolls around. Then I've got time (and it will be a bit cooler.)
    That would be perfect. Thank you. I'll pm you my number

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    Ill be in too if that's OK.
    Great. The more the merrier. Ill pm you my number as well

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    921
    October will be nice, what day/time do you guys prefer to ride.
    honda seatcovers
    winter warm and summer cool
    little lambs no more

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24
    Im not too sure what my school schedule is going to look like then but most likely weekends anytime during the day. Heats not too big of a deal more me. just as long as its not 100 I'm fine

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    548
    I've got a lot of flexibility in my schedule for riding. I'll touch base soon.

  9. #9
    Hell Track
    Reputation: crewjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    592
    Where do you live and where are u currently riding?

  10. #10
    Hell Track
    Reputation: crewjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    592
    Short notice but I'll probably be starting at the top of reseda tomorrow morning and doing the eagle rock loop. Welcome to join

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    921
    I am about 1 hour north of there, I like riding (early) Saturday mornings.

    I am not into real technical stuff. What kinda ride where you guys thinking?
    honda seatcovers
    winter warm and summer cool
    little lambs no more

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by crewjones View Post
    Where do you live and where are u currently riding?
    I live in LA, Northeast LA. I mainly ride El Prieto, Bonelli. But when i go to school I'll ride the Floop

    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    I am about 1 hour north of there, I like riding (early) Saturday mornings.

    I am not into real technical stuff. What kinda ride where you guys thinking?
    Im really up for anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I've got a lot of flexibility in my schedule for riding. I'll touch base soon.
    Sounds good. Thanks

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    I am about 1 hour north of there, I like riding (early) Saturday mornings.
    Topanga Creek Bikes has a weekly Saturday morning ride at 8am. Good intro to a lot of Santa Monica Mountain trails.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Daxdagr8t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    155

    Anyone Willing to show me around the Santa Monicas?

    I'll go if you guys dont mind waiting for an overweight 30yr old on the climbs. Im in cerritos and ride turnbull and floop weekly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtoone View Post
    Topanga Creek Bikes has a weekly Saturday morning ride at 8am. Good intro to a lot of Santa Monica Mountain trails.
    Thanks for the info

    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdagr8t View Post
    I'll go if you guys dont mind waiting for an overweight 30yr old on the climbs. Im in cerritos and ride turnbull and floop weekly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't worry, I'm on the overweight side, and smoke... Lol. What days are you free?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    424
    Quick question for you Guys looking for easy SM trails for a Daughter and Father Tandem Team...
    Not looking to do tons of Climbing if possible...
    We have done the Fullerton Loop, Bonelli, Big Bear and others...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    548
    I would suggest Sullivan Canyon. Except at the very end, there is no climbing. At the end, walk.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by XC Mike View Post
    Quick question for you Guys looking for easy SM trails for a Daughter and Father Tandem Team...
    Not looking to do tons of Climbing if possible...
    We have done the Fullerton Loop, Bonelli, Big Bear and others...
    Sycamore Canyon (Pt Mugu) from PCH end. Lots of flat fire-road with other options including single track and climbs. Cool too!

Similar Threads

  1. Scam in the Santa Monicas
    By Miami_Son in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 07:53 PM
  2. Santa Monicas--West Side
    By MTP in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
  4. Show your Santa Cruz Highball Love
    By blaadd in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •