mtbr member

Anyone up for MAMMOTH the week of September 5, 2010

Id rather go up to MAMMOTH with someone that has been there before, so Im advertising a trip up there for three days. I plan on riding Monday and Tuesday and driving back to Socal on Wednesday.

Im an advanced rider, looking for fun up there. It will be my first time. I ride a Yakuza. I drive a civic and dont have room for another bike but we can follow each other..

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by mpmffitz
    Id rather go up to MAMMOTH with someone that has been there before, so Im advertising a trip up there for three days. I plan on riding Monday and Tuesday and driving back to Socal on Wednesday.

Im an advanced rider, looking for fun up there. It will be my first time. I ride a Yakuza. I drive a civic and dont have room for another bike but we can follow each other..
    Make sure you check the weather and bring snow chains for your Civic just in case. Last weekend was perfect riding temps, but today was very windy at the top and there was a bit of snow with 1-2 inches predicted down to 7000'. I'll post here if that happens.

I'm always down for a Mammoth trip, but I've made the drive up the past two Fridays, and the wallet's a bit light.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    ...but today was very windy at the top and there was a bit of snow with 1-2 inches predicted down to 7000'...

Crazy man. 2010, the year w/o a summer!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    For real in September. Snow wood suck..

mtbr member
    I am planning a trip next weekend but probably leaving Friday Sept 3. My birthday is the 4th!

If that falls through, I can definitely join you on that Monday (I'm unemployed, woohoo!).

I prefer to camp at least one night to keep costs down.

I live in Poway (San Diego). I've been to mammoth twice this summer so far.

mtbr member
    I'll be up there all weekend ripp'n the single track! Look for a skinny old guy on an S-Works Stumpy! Probably the only dumb ass you'll see riding to the top of the mtn via "Off the Top!" Just can't justify paying to ride a gondola to get to the top of any mtn?

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mpmffitz
    For real in September. Snow wood suck..
    A few years back a large group of us hit Mammoth on closing weekend and it snowed and we all agreed besides dealing the the cold it made the mountain biking excellent. There are certain conditions usually in the AM that the soil freezes and turns as grippy as pavement. That is until the sun hits it and it starts melting.

Point is Mammoth and snow can be excellent riding.

Dean

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by n8rhino
    I'll be up there all weekend ripp'n the single track! Look for a skinny old guy on an S-Works Stumpy! Probably the only dumb ass you'll see riding to the top of the mtn via "Off the Top!" Just can't justify paying to ride a gondola to get to the top of any mtn?
    You still need a pass to ride the mountain may as well take advantage of the lift. Besides people will not be looking for someone coming up the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Anyone riding on Sunday, the 5th?

I'll be up in Mammoth this weekend and riding on Sunday. My riding buddy brother cancelled on the trip last minute. He and I do this trip twice annually. Anyway, so it's a ride/hike weekend with my girlfriend, and I will be riding solo on Sunday. I know it's not that fun, nor safe, to ride solo, but I'm hoping that it'll be a busy weekend and there will be plenty of fellow riders everywhere should anything go wrong. I don't bomb the runs super fast, but I do love the tech stuff. I ride an older black and polished SC Bullit with a 66 up front and Deetraks and would love to tag along with anyone. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Im looking tp pin and bomb all the lines up there, but cant make it until that week. I dont want to drive all that way solo, so I may reserve my money for some Santa Barabara stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It's an easy drive, even solo. I've done it many times. I'm planning on going up next week, just not sure what day. I certainly can meet you at the mountain. I will be staying with my family.

-Rob

Flaccid Member
    More snow this morning. I drive it solo, all the time. Older VW TDI baby! 46 to 50 MPG, all the time!
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 09-10-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    Today's freshy pic.....
    It wasn't me

Flaccid Member
    Yeow! Nice one!