We're going down WHAT??

Good job! Anyone riding Big Bear on Sunday???

I am stuck at the in-law's house (Running Springs) this weekend and am looking to escape to Bear Mountain (about a 20 minute drive) Are any of you going to be out there Sunday morning too?? (I ride a Moment, though mostly an agressive XC kind of ride... Not afraid of a more epic hammer type of ride either though...)

JK
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

mtbr member
    Shhh, 9am at the lifts. Me and one guy that fell down a mountain.

Super Fly

We're going down WHAT??

Good job! Sunday at 9am...... it is then!

E.... You're not riding your S-S there are you?? I'll look for you and M out there at 9am. PM me or email me your mobile and I'll do the same..

JK
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Over the Hill
    For your info, check this post out. I was riding near Running Springs yesterday.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ead.php?t=2802

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    For your info, check this post out. I was riding near Running Springs yesterday.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ead.php?t=2802
    Be carefull out there. Yesterday I rode from the Green Valley lake area to Lake Silverwood and there was alot of lightning out there throughout the day. You could almost taste the electricity in the air. The trails were nice though in the morning. Watered down just enough from the showers.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    We had to rush back to the lifts before they shut them down and to grab burgers. We saw the flashes across the lake as we rode up.

Doh! that was supposed to hit under Vader's post.
    Since i'm back, Mr Socal played the karma card. He threw his own tube in a guys tire and adjusted the guys brakes. Mr. Navy Guy was gonna leave Jonsocal a fiver at the car. When Jonsocal got to the car there was a 20 under the wiperblade.
    Last edited by noslogan; 07-10-2006 at 08:23 PM.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by noslogan
    We had to rush back to the lifts before they shut them down and to grab burgers. We saw the flashes across the lake as we rode up.

Since i'm back, Mr Socal played the karma card. He threw his own tube in a guys tire and adjusted the guys brakes. Mr. Navy Guy was gonna leave Jonsocal a fiver at the car. When Jonsocal got to the car there was a 20 under the wiperblade.
    Here's an excellent resource for up to the minute news, highway alerts, weather, ect for the San Bernardino Mtns http://rimoftheworld.net

No known cure

You might want to rethink

Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Here's an excellent resource for up to the minute news, highway alerts, weather, ect for the San Bernardino Mtns http://rimoftheworld.net
    your Big Bear trip. As of noon Wednesday the Sawtooth fire is at 33,000 acres burned with 0% containment. It's completely out of control. Campgrounds in the area are getting ready to close and parts of Big Bear (Onyx Summit) are preparing to evacuate. This could be very ugly as the winds are very high. Again, go to www.rimoftheworld.net for up to the minute info. Most other news resources are a day behind. If you're riding this weekend around here, I would suggest Keller Peak, Rim Nordic or behind the hospital in Lake Arrowhead. SART will probably be inaccesable by the weekend.

mtbr member
    JUst so you know, it was last Sunday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

gotta love that karma card

Quote Originally Posted by noslogan

Seeing how Jonsocal is family, I love hearing the karma card went his way.