mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Anyone raced 12 hours of Temecula?

Probably doing the series next year to prep for Tahoe/Leadville

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    No but I was thinking of doing the November event in a couple weeks. It's just such a long drive down there for me but at least I have lots of friends in SoCal I get to hang out with.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    So I did the Nov event and killed the SS expert class by several laps. It was a very dry and at time quite sandy course but that's to be expected of the area and complete lack of rain. The course layout was nice with three distinct sections broken up with a single well remembered climb and flowing descent. The event was orginized and well run, the riders where there in force with several hundred lining up for the mass start. At least I think that what the start looked like because I was late as usual to the start I didn't see it but I must have passed at least two hundred riders on my first lap alone. The crowds were also there in full support in and around the course sections that passed by the pit area as well as some remote sections of the course. I even saw the race director out on some the steep climbs cheering riders on at random times.

During the awards ceremony they raffled off a lot of cool gear and gift certificates and I was luck or unlucky enough to have won a free entry into the January 18 race in two weeks. I'm still on the fence about doing the whole 3 round series just because of the long drive but if I keep winning free entries well then I just can't say no.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hey Jason
    I will be there riding the 6 hr solo. Cool to see you are doing some mtb racing these days too. I will keep my eyes open for you. Good luck.
    Karl