mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Anyone know where I can get a ride in near Ocotillo Wells?

I am planning on visiting my off-road dirt bike riding brother in law Saturday down in Ocotillo Wells. Anyone know where I can get a ride in? Even fire roads on my SS would be cool. Does anyone know how to get to Oriflamme Canyon in Anza Borrego?
    Last edited by sl33pdirt; 02-25-2005 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Looking for Oriflamme Canyon

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sl33pdirt
    I am planning on visiting my off-road dirt bike riding brother in law Saturday down in Ocotillo Wells. Anyone know where I can get a ride in? Even fire roads on my SS would be cool. Does anyone know how to get to Oriflamme Canyon in Anza Borrego?
    Oriflamme is just off S2 between Scissors Crossing and Ocotillo Wells. You can ride anywhere in Anza Borrego - on established (dirt) roads. The Oriflamme loop ride is one of my favorite desert/mountain rides. Oriflamme / Chariot / Rodriguez Canyon . Another good desert ride is the Jasper / Grapevine Trail loop . The description here calls for a shuttle or ride from Borrego, but I like to park down by Tamarisk Grove and ride up the Grapevine trail to highway S22 (Montezuma Grade) and then ride the rode for a very short distance and then hop onto the Jasper Trail that will take you back down towards your starting point.

After the rains, these rides should be spectacular as there is a lot of sand during the dry months.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thanks ssmike!

You made my weekend. Hope I can return the favor sometime.