mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Anyone got a Fox TALAS IFP tool?

Bit of a long shot here but I'm hoping to find someone in the LA area with a TALAS IFP tool that I can borrow/rent.

Fox charges $90 for one...ouch!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

fyi

I think that there are different versions of that tool for different generations of Talas. I could let you use one if you come by the shop with your fork ready to pump up the ifp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey thanks for replying!

Hrmmmm, different versions of the IFP tool? Fox has only one part number, I'll have to give them a ring to verify. Mine is a '04 by the way.

A question...do you know whether I can discharge the IFP without the tool? Its a bit unclear from the service docs how that little IFP valve works.

SweFrogger
    Jun 2007
    Discharge works fine without the tool yes. You are just pressing down on a one-way valve. I did it with a small allen key.
    Some people have managed to fill air without the IFP tool. They have used a air fill needle for footballs....

Eric at ITSA Bike Shop
    Sep 2007
    FYI... there are different generations of the IFP tool. The current generation of the IFP tool works on both the older and newer forks, whereas the older tool doesn't work on the current generation of Talas. We do have the tool in stock, but it's for shop use during overhauls. You are correct though, it's a fairly pricey piece of machined metal.