mtbr member
    Mar 2004

anyone else race fontana this weekend?

if so, howd you do?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I did and won! When I started my class (Beginer Men 19 - 26) nobody else started with me, so I could not get any worse than 1st place. When the times were posted there was actually another rider/racer in my class. So I technically won 1st place, but only 2 racers raced.

bert
    Rock n Road best LBS in Orange County hands down!

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by bertperez
    I did and won! When I started my class (Beginer Men 19 - 26) nobody else started with me, so I could not get any worse than 1st place. When the times were posted there was actually another rider/racer in my class. So I technically won 1st place, but only 2 racers raced.

bert
    Two guys in you're class, he must've been in the wrong spot. Good job on placing first.

I was there also and placed first in my category (beg 16-18) I was the only guy so I was just trying to imporve my time. Took me about 51 min to do the 8 mi lap. I hear they're going to add more to that new added section.
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I was there

I didn't do very well. I flatted with about 1.5 miles to, and ran to the finish. Needless to say I got passed by quite a few folks along the way.

Even so, for the first time ever, I didn't really enjoy the race experience. I though it was pretty lame that they had the course marshall directing people the wrong way on the first lap. In my class, this allowed several folks to catch up with the lead group that I was in (because they stopped directing people through the sand right after my group passed through). After the race, when I spoke to the director, he tried to blame the racers for "not knowing the course". That doesn't sit well with me. I think the director is responsible for making sure that his marshalls know where the course is. I don't think its reasonable to expect racers to disregard a marshall's directions and the posted signs.

So I'm not sure about Southridge anymore. It seems like they are regularly having serious problems runnig races smoothly. I do appreciate what they are trying to do, and it is nice to have another race venue (especially if you want to race in the winter), but I'm just not so sure if I want to continue racing there.

Maybe I should just laugh it off, and realize its all about getting out there and having fun.

Still, the director could have made a friend if he would have simply said, "Our fault. We dropped the ball. Here's your money back. We hope you choose to continue racing here. We'll do our best not to have this happen again."

I would have appreciated that, and I definately would have kept comming back had I heard that.

As it is, I'm not so sure.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    I got 5th in the DH Sport Men 27-34. It was my worst showing of the year, but then again there were 16 guys in my class (holy cow!)

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bertperez

bert
    Sand bagger!!!

HUGH

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    Sand bagger!!!

HUGH
    LOL
    I'm just trying to follow in yours and TimZ's footsteps . Plus, I have to look good in front of Mandy!

bert
    Rock n Road best LBS in Orange County hands down!