mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Anyone do side jobs?

I wish I could take my stuff to an LBS to install stuff, but being a college student sucks since my hours only cover for gas now (I drive about 80 miles round trip to school ) I was wondering if anyone does any side jobs for a little cheaper than an LBS. I want to install a new headset on my fork and bike. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

BTW, I am in the San Diego area but frequent chino hills on most weekends.

mtbr member

Can you say

[SIZE="4"]TRANSFER![/SIZE] Well, the gas you would save if you didn't drive so far would pay for the install. Hopefully you are livin with your parents.
    Sorry for not helping. I wish I had the press. I'd practice on your bike.

Anyone know if you can just whack the headset in there with wood and a soft mallet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noslogan
    [SIZE="4"]TRANSFER![/SIZE] Well, the gas you would save if you didn't drive so far would pay for the install. Hopefully you are livin with your parents.
    Sorry for not helping. I wish I had the press. I'd practice on your bike.

Anyone know if you can just whack the headset in there with wood and a soft mallet?

I wish I could but San Diego State is somewhere I refuse to go! Every freaking major is impacted and I have to arrive about a 1 1/2 hour early to get parking, which isn't promised for almost $400 for the parking permit (last I heard). Well, went to my lbs and the guys did it for $25... half a tank of gas but thats cool. I read a write up with a guy using a pipe wrench and a mallet and peice of wood.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/fix/headset2.htm

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Park tools now make an affordable headset press for the home mechanic if anyone is interested. As for SDSU, take the trolley to State, you can park at the mall, and hop the trolley right into school. Monthly trolley pass is a lot cheaper than gas.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Park tools now make an affordable headset press for the home mechanic if anyone is interested. As for SDSU, take the trolley to State, you can park at the mall, and hop the trolley right into school. Monthly trolley pass is a lot cheaper than gas.

I should but I'll be graduating from CSUSM pretty soon and enjoy the fact that I can register for classes the day before the semester starts! On top of that, I'm finally moving this summer so I am pretty excited lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

help

dosnt look like you are getting any help here bro pm me with your info i will hook you up.
    maggro

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chromese5
    I wish I could take my stuff to an LBS to install stuff, but being a college student sucks since my hours only cover for gas now (I drive about 80 miles round trip to school ) I was wondering if anyone does any side jobs for a little cheaper than an LBS. I want to install a new headset on my fork and bike. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

BTW, I am in the San Diego area but frequent chino hills on most weekends.
    Chrome:

PM me if you need my assistance. I'll press that headset in for you. I'm over by SDSU.

Aqua
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 05-01-2006 at 07:59 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member
    Hahaha. you funny guy.