mtbr member
    May 2006

Anybody here do the Tuesday shop ride with The Bike Co.

I am thinking of heading over Tuesday night and wondering what to expect? I have never ridden that area but i hear a lot about it. Figure this would be a good way to check it out.
    "Go that way really, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."
    Charles De Mar

mtbr member
    i was talkin to one of the guys there today about the ride.. i've never ridden "with" them, but i've seen their group riding along STT

Old school BMXer
    Right on!
    I thought that the employees of that shop only associated with pro racers, not us normal Joes (at least that has always been the attitude around that shop).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I actually had a good experience when i was there Sat. I am just getting back on the bike after a couple year lay off and i am a little concerned about my pace. He said dont worry about it, they have riders at all levels. He also gave me $100 bucks off my fork and threw in headset spacers. i dont rember his name, just that he was very tall. I was a little concerned initially because a shop like theirs can sometimes come off bad if you are not a "local". They were very cool though.
    Charles De Mar

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by xtmerf
    I actually had a good experience when i was there Sat. I am just getting back on the bike after a couple year lay off and i am a little concerned about my pace. He said dont worry about it, they have riders at all levels. He also gave me $100 bucks off my fork and threw in headset spacers. i dont rember his name, just that he was very tall. I was a little concerned initially because a shop like theirs can sometimes come off bad if you are not a "local". They were very cool though.
    I think the tall guy you met was Kevin.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

banned
    Apr 2004

I was treated right by The Bike Co.

They seem to be more freeride orientated there than me but they were very helpful with my XC needs and gave me a sweet deal on a superlite and some other drive train bits last year.

I plan on giving them first crack on all my future purchases.

Don't be put off by the fact that pro racers frequent the shop. I did some of my first rides with the Bike Co back when I was a newbie back in 1999. All riders are welcome, although sometimes the rides can be fast paced, but they always wait for people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    Right on!
    I thought that the employees of that shop only associated with pro racers, not us normal Joes (at least that has always been the attitude around that shop).
    I've had the same experiences there....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My ride was not good. I thought i was in decent shape but was dropped in the first 30 mintues. By the time i got to the singletrack i had lost sight of them.On top of this i broke my chain in 2 spots. Ended up coasting back down the way i came from since it was getting dark and i didnt want to get lost. No my nightly rides consisting of 30 minutes of granny gear climbing every night!
    Charles De Mar

Old school BMXer
    Sorry to hear that. It's tough when you don't ride for a while. You remember how you used to ride, and try to ride at that speed...until you can't.

Keep it up, and you'll be back in shape in no time at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    My ride was not good. I thought i was in decent shape but was dropped in the first 30 mintues. By the time i got to the singletrack i had lost sight of them.On top of this i broke my chain in 2 spots. Ended up coasting back down the way i came from since it was getting dark and i didnt want to get lost. No my nightly rides consisting of 30 minutes of granny gear climbing every night!
    Sorry to hear that. I've never ridden with the guys at The Bike Co., but assumming you told them you're not familiar with the area, someone should have stayed behind with you. That's not cool. I'm also assumming this is an open invitation ride from the shop. We always make sure to regroup or have someone behind to stay with the slowest person for situations like this....mechanical failure or lost rider not familiar with the trail.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    To be honest i am not sure no one did hang around. I didnt want to just leave when i got to the bottom so i drove around the area to se if i could see where the trail dumped out at.They shop van was still there but they might have been at Cooks corner. I just hope i didnt cause any drama. in any case it really motivated me to get back to work.
    Charles De Mar