Baby-heads.... oh joy!

Anybody have the Nissan utilitrack system...

I picked up a new truck the other day, a Nissan Titan..it has the utilitrack system, and I have been searching around for decent, easy, locking fork mounts for it. Most of the stuff I see is either non-locking, or convoluted. Anyone have something that they use, or have seen being used with success?
    I have a few ideas, and I do have something I "rigged-up", but i am always open to new and better ways. Pics and details, and part numbers from local hardware stores would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I have an Xterra with the utilitrack in the back. I used 1 one inch square aluminum bar, drilled holes for my fork mounts, holes for longer bolts to attach to the track. I dont have locking mounts, since the bike is inside the car they aren't necessary. Off the top of my head i think the utilitrack washers fit a 6mm bolt, so you could just buy a longer bolt and attach the fork mounts directly to the track.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    We are currently designing an attachment for our new truck bed/ SUV rack, called the Storm Trakker. Currently it is designed to fit between the truck box, but Nissan, Toyota and GM have cargo management systems for their trucks, our rack will be a direct mount for those systems, and yes, it will be lockable.

Keep your eye out on www.hurricanecomponents.com for the latest.

I will also post the rack on this site shortly.

Baby-heads.... oh joy!

Hurricane Jeff

Cool..how soon do you estimate it will be from proto to product?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Since I use thru axel forks, I have struggled to find something that works well with the utilitrack on my Titan. I finally just bought some tie-downs and they work great when hooked to the lower metal cleats inside the bed. It's much easier than taking off the front wheel anyway. I also have the bed extender, which I just push up against the back tire of my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It will be ready before years end. It will be branded by us, Hurricane Components, and likely as well as a Yakima labeled product also.

Baby-heads.... oh joy!
    Sweet...cant wait.
    Thanks for the info Hurricane Jeff