mtbr member
    Feb 2006

any suggestions for more FR/DH/DJ at lake calaveras in carlsbad?

My name is Bryce and i am the one building most if not all of the bigger stuff on the south side of the lake at calaveras. my friend and i are currently working on a 30-35 foot double down in a gully/valley by the church and when we finish we are going to put up a god sized bridge drop/launch in the same area. the area that im talking about is almost right smack in the middle of calaveras and is kind of hidden off to the side of a singletrack that runs from this huge open and rutted out area in the southeastern portion of the reserve west towards the mountain/volcano/hill whatever. if you start out from the big clear area towards the mountain on the trail, right before the first turn, which is a righthand turn, you will see a short singletrack on the left side of the trail, follow it and your in my little track area.
    ANYWAYS- im looking for suggestions on what else to build AND im looking for anyone who can help out with some of the stuff.
    My friend and i are looking for people to ride with also... ive met only a handful of guys that do FR or DH and ive only seen about two of them back out there again. I'm 14 and my friend Cory is 15. I ride an old Cheeta with 03 moster t's, and either a vanilla rc or a DHX 5.0... Cory rides an 02 Specialized bighit DH with 02 monster t's and a vanilla rc - just in case you see us out there, you now can recognize us.
    i wont be out there much for awhile because i just blew out my vanilla rc and am debating on spending $200 on getting it PUSHED w/high and low speed compression or just buying a DHX 5.0 for $220.
    if youve seen me out there before, youll say that i dont have monster t's but i literally just bought them for $150- theyre t2's- oh well

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    whoops, i spelled good wrong in the second sentence...

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetaprowler
    whoops, i spelled good wrong in the second sentence...
    What's up I think I have seen you guys out there. I am the one who rides the brown demo 9. check you p.m.'s I will send you some info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    yeah thats us- youre one of the two guys who i have actually seen more than once just to let you know...
    hope to ride w/you when i fix my bike

Glad to Be Alive
    if that ain't legal then............you better edit location of post
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Legality????

A guy I knew built a really solid bridge in the swamp and it stoked the runners and mtn bikers. Then suddenly it was torn out by a crew of prisoners. Don't have the same thing happen to you. Don't post locations or the existence of. You are only going to bring on your own demise be it by the government or the shear deluge of riders looking for something local outside of the vanilla flavored local fireroad rides. just let those who ride the area find the prize. The word will spread fast enough. Building efforts must remain discreet. Ask for help from friends and from people you meet when riding. Loose lips sink ships. Always was true.