Borg

Any Santa Barbara riders?

How many Santa Barbara area riders are following this forum?

Mark

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by borg
    How many Santa Barbara area riders are following this forum?

Mark
    not exactly SB, but still chillin in the 805! (ventura county) we haven't been up to SB in a couple months now..... i think i smell a trip brewing...

mtbr member

Have to fight 101 traffic.

See pictures -> other post. The traffic through Ventura can be a real pain these days, but the rides in S.B. can make up for it. With longer days in the spring I'll go back to Figueroa Mtn.

2:1
    mtbr member

born in I.V.

...moved to Santa Barbara. There are a couple of good trails around here.

davoid
    Feb 2004

Uh huh

Uh huh. All the front country trails. I personally believe that if you don't ride up em, you have no respect for the mountain. Down is just the way home.

Village Dirtbag
    I moved to Lompoc this summer. I really haven't done many good rides yet (been injured). I've done some Gaviota riding though. Mega climbing.

Red Rock seems to be an interesting place to ride (went hiking there).

Lets go riding! I've been wanting to check out fig. mtn. What are the best trails up there?

I wanna talk to Samson!

santa barbara represent

i live in sb in the san roque area the riding here is almost unbeatable great trails like tunnel coldsprings romero and good djs like more mesa and ellwood

if anyone wants to ride pm me

-konabiker
    [SIZE=4]JackNugz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

davoid
    Feb 2004

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    I moved to Lompoc this summer. I really haven't done many good rides yet (been injured). I've done some Gaviota riding though. Mega climbing.

Red Rock seems to be an interesting place to ride (went hiking there).

Lets go riding! I've been wanting to check out fig. mtn. What are the best trails up there?
    Not familiar with the area north of S.B. I would like to ride Red Rock, but I have to work out a trip with the wife and kids. You should definitely enter the Firestone Race in April. Go to www.ridesb.com for details. Even if you don't think you can win, a lot of guys ride just for the fun. 13 mile beginner course, a couple of good hills and a lot of XC single track and dirt roads. I rode last year, came in 24th of 30 and I am going again this year. Let me know if you have time to come down here and ride some hard rock mountains!

Unshaven Yak

Checking in

The front country has worked over several frames of mine over ten years.

I think Tunnel deserves mention. It's claimed more of us than any other!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yup, well from Goleta actually. You fellas in SB should come out to the SBMTV trail work days! Check out www.sbmtv.org. Anyway, I like everything here, from the frontcountry to the backcountry camping trips.

Village Dirtbag
    Any SB'ers riding this weekend? I was thinking about maybe doing some backcountry stuff one day.

rider

yeea yeea

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    i live in sb in the san roque area the riding here is almost unbeatable great trails like tunnel coldsprings romero and good djs like more mesa and ellwood

if anyone wants to ride pm me

-konabiker
    yeah coo
    im from sb to and would like to ride
    ill pm u
    Last edited by Ride To The Hills; 03-13-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Unshaven Yak
    Heading out to Jes today around mid-day. I need to get some spokes fixed on my old wheelset beforehand. I'm still waiting for my new rims to get shipped so Velopro can build my new wheelset (been over a month now).

We've been doing some filming of our antics on the local trails (just Jes to date). I spent last weekend splicing together two hours of footage into two minutes. If anyone is interested, pm me & I can send you the link. Would love to hear what you think. It's nothing outrageous, just friends & some strangers having a good time. (I would post the link but I don't want my friends server to get overwhelmed).

We're planning on getting some more film shot on Tunnel & Romero sometime soon.

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Wiz
    Heading out to Jes today around mid-day. I need to get some spokes fixed on my old wheelset beforehand. I'm still waiting for my new rims to get shipped so Velopro can build my new wheelset (been over a month now).

We've been doing some filming of our antics on the local trails (just Jes to date). I spent last weekend splicing together two hours of footage into two minutes. If anyone is interested, pm me & I can send you the link. Would love to hear what you think. It's nothing outrageous, just friends & some strangers having a good time. (I would post the link but I don't want my friends server to get overwhelmed).

We're planning on getting some more film shot on Tunnel & Romero sometime soon.
    Hey Stinky, I just got a my new Kona, I live here in SB on the Mesa. I'm looking for the best places to ride. I have ridden Jes. Pretty sweet but a b!tch to get to the top. Do you guys have a group or anything thats goes out regularly? I hear there's one that meets above the Mission on Wed evenings. And I would be interested in seeing the film.

Unshaven Yak
    Hey Kona,

I'm planning on riding Jes again this weekend, my wheelset should be done by Friday so I'll be jonesin' to get out. I'd love to ride another trail as I've done a lot of Jes runs lately, but that's because I have no car. I have only one other friend here in town who rides with any regularity (on a Kona Stinky), if he gets in, that opens up options like Romero. If you think Jes is a biatch to get to the top of, you wouldn't like Romero Canyon very much!

I live near kids world at Garden & Micheltorena St downtown. With the long days, after work rides are an option this time of year, so maybe we can hook up & do a Jes run next week or anytime. I don't get off work until 5 on weekdays so I'm kinda limited to afterwork & weekend rides.

The weekend after this (memorial day weekend) I have Friday & Monday off. There is a small chance I might be going to a ski-resort with some friends from LA but that is only a miniscule chance. If we don't do that, I'll be looking to get in as many rides on that weekend as I can here. PM me or use this thread.

What kind of Kona are you on? I'm on a Heckler these days.

Here's the vid link. http://signal1.com/mtb/mtb_jes.wvx

It's sh#$ quality, but I have a much better master on my PC. I want to do some more filming asap & weekends are good for getting lots of folks into the mix.

Unshaven Yak

Video

We just updated the quality of the vid we shot a few weeks ago. I'm still editing more footage but here's a link for anyone interested.

http://signal1.com/mtb/

Don't skid
    Stinky,
    Nice vid. Makes me want to get off my butt and ride. I am heading out to the Ellwood bluffs tonight to do some jumping. I would be up for riding Jes this weekend (memorial day weekwnd) if you are around. Say Saturday around noonish? BTW I am extremely slow going uphill, but pretty good going down. Oh yeah, I ride a Coiler, just got it about 2 weeks ago.

Unshaven Yak
    Very cool man, I will be around this weekend. I'm on a four day weekend starting Friday & I've got one, maybe two friends who are looking to get a ride in (most likely Saturday, but I can ride pretty much any day).

Can you Private Msg me some info so I can get ahold of you (ie 1st name & phone # or email)?

Thanks for the comments on the vid. We are doofus' & it's just fun to have something on film after all these years.

Your Coiler should be perfect for the trails around here! While I do have one friend who is pretty quick going up, I don't mind a gradual ascent & my other buddy is slow as molasses, so if he goes, you'll be in good company! The fast guy is on a Stinky, the other is on an older Stab.
    Last edited by Stinky Wiz; 05-26-2004 at 05:00 PM.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Wiz
    Very cool man, I will be around this weekend. I'm on a four day weekend starting Friday & I've got one, maybe two friends who are looking to get a ride in (most likely Saturday, but I can ride pretty much any day).

Can you Private Msg me some info so I can get ahold of you (ie 1st name & phone # or email)?

Thanks for the comments on the vid. We are doofus' & it's just fun to have something on film after all these years.

Your Coiler should be perfect for the trails around here! While I do have one friend who is pretty quick going up, I don't mind a gradual ascent & my other buddy is slow as molasses, so if he goes, you'll be in good company! The fast guy is on a Stinky, the other is on an older Stab.
    hey dude im in sb too. if its cool with you id like to go along on your ride down JES this weekend. i havent riden that trail in a long ass time. find my self sticking to tunnel. im on a 04 stinky with sherman slider and trailpimps so if you see me sometime flag me down. my name is james but i go by jack. i think i know the guys on the stinky and stab to.

thhanks
    [SIZE=4]JackNugz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Unshaven Yak
    Saturday it is. I will be riding multiple days this weekend but Saturday is the Noon ride as it stands.

Anyone who wants to go, keep up on this thread I suppose!

Maybe I'll bring the digi-vid camera for some more footage of some of the good parts! I do edit & post the vids (as seen above) so if you want a record of your awesome skills I would be happy to oblige! I think I'll just focus on the harder sections this time to save some time & keep this from becoming a 5 hour film-shoot!

If you two guys are in, that would make at least four of us, maybe up to six. That would be the biggest group I've ever ridden with!

Don't skid
    I'm in. Stinky, I PM'd you my info. We need a meeting place.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Sb

Whats up guys. i am also in Santa Barbara. Actually in I.V. to be exact. I just got a Coiler in April and have been riding alot of the trails around here. My room mate and i have been riding together and are always down to ride with others. We should organize some sort of ride some time.