mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Any rides near Malibu? ( I'm visitng)

Hi, I coming down from SF tomorrow for a wedding in Malibu on Sat afternoon. I was wondering if there are any good rides near there I should bring my bike down for. I'll have until around 2pm, so not an all day ride. Thanks. If no rides are near there, how would you burn the day, outside of sitting on the beach drinking beer!

Knomer
    What kind of riding do you like to do?
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Pro Crastinator
    can you shred the DH/FR? i may have an invite.....

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Jakey
    Hi, I coming down from SF tomorrow for a wedding in Malibu on Sat afternoon. I was wondering if there are any good rides near there I should bring my bike down for. I'll have until around 2pm, so not an all day ride. Thanks. If no rides are near there, how would you burn the day, outside of sitting on the beach drinking beer!
    Screw riding. If you hookup with Dustbowl Bottoms have him take you to Santa Monica for an impressive MILF fest and then over to FO's for beer/burgers.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm into singletrack, downieville type stuff, but nothing extreme. I basically wanted to see some new areas and get some exercise, preventing the all day booze fest! The milf fest sounds great, but you're about 5 years too late for me, and my wife will be there as well. She may or may not appreciate it, but I don't want to find out! Actually, I found out we're staying in Westlake Village, if that makes a difference.

Was that a Bobcat?

Wildwood Canyon/Lymere Trail

You will be very close to Wildwood Canyon/Lymere Trail (Not sure if that is the exact name.) It's off Lyn Road (your like 10 minutes away I believe). I will be visiting the area this weekend also (from S.D.) and I'm planning to ride the trail, good ride about 2 to 2.5 hours in the saddle.

Over the Hill
    You have some good choices in Malibu...here is one if you are short on time.

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route...1&route_id=145

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks a bunch, I'll definetly check out one of those. Any good shops nearby I can get some more info and drop a few bucks in return?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Jakey
    I'm into singletrack, downieville type stuff, but nothing extreme. I basically wanted to see some new areas and get some exercise, preventing the all day booze fest! The milf fest sounds great, but you're about 5 years too late for me, and my wife will be there as well. She may or may not appreciate it, but I don't want to find out! Actually, I found out we're staying in Westlake Village, if that makes a difference.
    Go to Cheeseboro National Park a few miles East of WLV on the 101. It's the best riding you'll find. Singletrack, fireroads, it's all there.

A friend rode Wildwood yesterday and found it over-grown with weeds and ticks. Not going back until it's cleared.

mtbr member

check out

Look in this forum for a thread titled "Hello from nor Cal"; I made a suggestion for Point Mugu state park thats around a 3.5 hour ride for a fit rider if you have that kind of time. Great views and some fun single track.