mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Any Mammoth Riding?

I know the Nationals were changed due to snow, but does anyone know if there are any trails open for the weekend of the 4th?

Rachel

mtbr member

some

Lower rock creek is open (and my favorite trail in the area) uptown, downtown and shotgun (second favorite area trail) are open I'm sure but the mountain itself still has a ton of snow on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Lower trails only

I just got back from Mammoth. The trails are fairly limited right now, mostly the stuff going into Canyon Area, like Paper Route, Shotgun, Big Ring, Uptown and Downtown.

There is a lot of snow up above, so I'd be surprised if they were able to open it for awhile.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I ride on the mountain about every day and the snow is melting fast. Really been warm lately. You will have plenty of riding available next week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks guys, appreciate the update. I rode up there for the first time last year and had a blast, can't wait to try it again.

Death By Snoo Snoo
    Mammothman, would you mind keeping us posted on when the the upper trails are open like skidmarks and the backside. I am hoping to do a trip by mid to late july and hopefully the upper trails will be open then.

Floater

I second that...

Mammothman, I'd really appriciate updates too. My parents live in Chalfant, so I heard about the heat and how fast the snow is melting. Hopefully by the end of July, when my trip with my wife, and sister is planned the whole mountain will be open.

dft
    mtbr member
    we are going on the July 8th weekend. i know the top will not be open, but i hope most of the lower will be. most of the technical stuff that i like is lower mountian anyway. i'll miss the top though. lets go 100 degress in bishop everyday until then!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammothman
    I ride on the mountain about every day and the snow is melting fast. Really been warm lately. You will have plenty of riding available next week.

ss poser
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle
    Thanks guys, appreciate the update. I rode up there for the first time last year and had a blast, can't wait to try it again.

i thought we were doing a nightride to watch the fireworks on the 4th??
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

mtbr member

Mammoth

Mammothman................
    I'm heading up to Mammoth Saturday the 8th.
    for a week with the family. Any updates on riding
    or any inside tips????????????
    Thanks, Clyde.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i was up there last friday, and it was just as beekeeper said. the whole upper and mid mountain still had skiing, no bikes.