b a n n e d

Any interest in a "Suspension Day"?

So I'd like to learn how to maintain my fork . . . I've read the Fox site, watched the video's etc. While I would definitely describe myself as "mechanically apt" I would still like to get the "hands on" experience you get from actually having someone guide me through the process. The other issue is I don't have the tools

So the first question is, is there anyone else out here in SoCal (note: I'm in West L.A. but somewhat mobile.) that would be interested in setting something up for a bunch of folks who want/need to learn how to service their fork?

Second question, are there experienced folks who would be interested in helping out with this?

If it turns out that I'm the only one in SoCal who needs to service their fork, then forget it! Otherwise, if you're interested in getting something together, post here and we'll see what we can do!

mtbr member
    I would also be interested in something like this. Maybe include rear shocks as well? The only problem I see is the all the variety of brands and configurations.
    "walking on water is only knowing where the stones are"

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by cadwiz
    I would also be interested in something like this. Maybe include rear shocks as well? The only problem I see is the all the variety of brands and configurations.
    Well shocks are part of the suspension, so yeah bring em.

I agree that with all the varying options, it may be a bit tough, but I am willing to bet that between Fox and RS most people will be covered.

If enough people are interested, another option may be to get a shop involved.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    Well shocks are part of the suspension, so yeah bring em.

I agree that with all the varying options, it may be a bit tough, but I am willing to bet that between Fox and RS most people will be covered.

If enough people are interested, another option may be to get a shop involved.
    I would be interested. That being said I think it would be hard to find a shop willing to do a class. It is kinda like asking your auto mechanic to show you how to fix your car so you don't have to pay him to do it.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    So I'd like to learn how to maintain my fork . . . I've read the Fox site, watched the video's etc. While I would definitely describe myself as "mechanically apt" I would still like to get the "hands on" experience you get from actually having someone guide me through the process. The other issue is I don't have the tools

So the first question is, is there anyone else out here in SoCal (note: I'm in West L.A. but somewhat mobile.) that would be interested in setting something up for a bunch of folks who want/need to learn how to service their fork?

Second question, are there experienced folks who would be interested in helping out with this?

If it turns out that I'm the only one in SoCal who needs to service their fork, then forget it! Otherwise, if you're interested in getting something together, post here and we'll see what we can do!
    Maybe ask if these guys would set something up.

b a n n e d
    Yeah, I saw that over there and wish I could go tonight, but alas . . . can't get there in time. But I think I will post over there too. Thanks for the suggestion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I am in west LA. I would be glad to show you what I know. I service my own forks and shock. My experience is limited to RS forks and Fox shocks though.